Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DW: "Aliens of London" (spoilers)

Author Topic: DW: "Aliens of London" (spoilers)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, finally, back to some real "Doctor Who" monsters: guys in bulky rubber suits. The preview for part two shows that at least one scene will have the aliens CGIed so they can be shown running agilely. I'm not sure about that. Slow-moving, bumbling monsters are one thing. But having them slow-moving and bumbling in one shot, then running and jumping all over the place in the next? I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Not a lot to say about this episode. Looks like most of the action will be in part two. Part one seemed like mostly an excuse to address the question of, when one of the Doctor's companions just suddenly disappears from his/her life, what happens back home. And the answer is, apparently, they are presumed murdered.

Also, the TARDIS' aim is getting better. This time it only missed its target by twelve months instead of last week's nine years. And the spatial location was exactly right. But, then, maybe we can just chalk it up to whatever property the TARDIS has that causes it to always land within a couple miles and a couple minutes of something interesting for the Doctor to interfere with.

One other thing: Mickey's comic relief is a little better. Running into a wall is better than belching trash cans. But, then, there are the farting aliens...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that, and UNIT is back. Here's hoping they don't just end up being the hapless redshirts. Bring on the next Brigadier!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Bad Wold imagery abounded. First of all there's the episode title, obviously intended to evoke Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" (as you can tell, I love that song). Then there's the obvious, the graffiti-ing of the TARDIS. How cool would it have been when, as the TARDIS dematerialised, the paint had just hung there in space before splatting to the ground? Lastly, there's the fake alien pig. Who seemed especially scared of the Doctor. Red herrings? We'll see.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if Rose puts on a red hooded cloak and goes to visit her grandmother, I'll start worrying.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps