Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » I am getting sick of this...

Author Topic: I am getting sick of this...
kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One comment I am getting immensely sick of being bandied around is the new Battlestar Galactica being labeled "the new Star Trek". Now before you jump down my throat on this, let me say that I love the new BSG, I think it's one of the best SF shows I have ever seen, if not some of the best television ever made. However, I think it occupies a unique niche all it's own.

For all it's faults, Trek will be Trek, and I dont think that anything will replace it.

--------------------
"Sweet Jesus, do you have to use the whole can?"
-Metatron

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they mean that it's replacing Trek. I believe that they mean that BSG has a rather large following of people who aren't necessarily sci-fi fans. In that respect, it is kind of like Star Trek.

B.J.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please rephrase the original post in the form of a question [Wink]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think that BSG is more of a continuation of the "feel" of Deep Space Nine - and now if that has to do with Ron Moore and his accompanying staff from DS9 - fair enough - all I know is it's not just about Tits and Arse, it's thought provoking, intelligent science fiction (TNG) with a gritty realism, with characters that you care for and that are very well written with depth and colour (DS9). It has it's action moments and it has it's sexy moments - but these are used to good effect and stories don't rely on them to tell their stories. (Early ENT and 1/2 Voy).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the new "Original Series" Star Trek

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, just had too.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps