Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Serenity Trailer Kicks butt... much like River $$$Serenity Spoilers$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Serenity Trailer Kicks butt... much like River $$$Serenity Spoilers$$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible that he's just not in the trailer, too. If he actually isn't in the movie, I think we can rest assured that we'll get a plausible reason as to why. This isn't a Star Trek movie after all.

All they'd really have to say is that they dropped him off somewhere for [insert futuristic preacher reason].

New info: According to my colleague, Book is in some of the cast photos for the movie.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.serenitymovie.com/

So he is..

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like he's at a refugee camp of some kind in the gallery photo they have. Perhaps they drop him off there close to the beginning of the movie with the idea that they'll be back to pick him up later.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between "Objects in Space" and the movie, Book and Inara move off the ship.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

well, i *know* Inara is in the movie... so they must meet back up with them both at some point.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I was re-watching the trailer again (can't get enough of it now!), and I noticed what I think might be a rather familiar ship in a couple of the shots:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/444/serenity-trailer-familiar-face.png

It's hard to tell for sure, but I'm pretty certain that the longish ship on the right of the image is either the Varro community ship from the awful VGR episode "The Disease", or else a pretty close copy. Anyone else got a better look than my poor computer and the mid-range quality?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that as well at first, but we get a much closer look at it later on and it's a completely different design. It just looks similar because it's long and segmented with a "head" and "tail" section.

Book AKA thingybob Glass is listed on IMDb as being in the movie, so maybe they're keeping his scenes secret in the trailer. This trailer was mostly "action, action, ACTIONY", so his scenes might not have fitted in well anyway.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind that IMDb is based on fan-posted information. It's not always accurate.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but an extensive cast is listed, not just the principals, so it seems as though someone in the know has updated the entry.

I hope Book is in it anyway, I've been looking forward to finding out more about his history.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course he's in it. Didn't someone post a link in this very thread to the promotional stills which feature him? (Yes, not ten posts above me, I now discover, but who has the time to look up when they are rushing off a response?) Or to Whedon's acknowledgement somewhere or other that the trailer shortchanged Kaylee and Book? (No, as it turns out.) (Though I would imagine the film will as well. I mean, nine characters is an awful lot.)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

More trailer stills than a small army of over-caffinated folks on shaking machines could cover with stick-shaking.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Mmmmm... Inara.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?loc=img211&image=serenity0057tk.jpg&gal=img211/602/serenity0012cm.jpg

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that first screenshot MM posted, that ship in the lower left is the Reaver ship from the episode "Serenity". You know, the two-part episode that was supposed to be shown first but got shown last instead. I know this because this past Friday I happened to tell my wife that the DVD set has 3 unaired episodes, and she very quickly "insisted" that we buy it immediately. [Big Grin]

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I think Joss should come out in public denunciation of the airing of the series on FOX and tell people that if they want to really know what's going on, they need to buy the DVD set and watch them in that order because the movie will assume you have done so.

FOX angers me. The two-hour pilot was gold. The episode they aired as the pilot was good too, but it retread alot of the ground that was much more subtley covered in the original pilot. Mal's problem with religion, and his apparent connection to Inara for example. There was time in the two-hour epsiode to be nice and subtle with these issues, but they really had to work to get them into the one hour episode.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Sort of near the topic: Jewel Staite is going to be in an episode of Atlantis.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps