Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Doctor Who: "Bad Wolf" $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Doctor Who: "Bad Wolf" $$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, well I just finished watching it from a download. I don't know what to say...

"Faaaaaark!" comes to mind!

"Sweet merciful crap!" too!

OMG! Awesome. Pity Eccleston is leaving - I like his Doctor.

I just finised watching it so I really don't have any cohesive comments as of yet. Anyone else like to comment?

Could one say that this season alone beats the pants of nearly 4 years of Enterprise!?! And 7 of Voyager?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God! how I've missed good SCiFi! Eccleston rocks! I agree its too bad he's leaving. Any word on whats happening to his sidekicks?

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's understood that Rose and Cap'n Jack will also survive this invasion. Rose will be staying for part of the season, and Jack possibly for less of it too. No word on their ultimate fates. It's understood that Rose's mum and Mickey will be back on occasion too, at least until Rose departs.

Since the second season is reported to FINALLY feature stories set on other planets, I'm guessing that we'll have a TARDIS crew to match.

Mark

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! good to know.

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely a great episode. I've always wanted to watch Doctor Who, I'm glad I can do it now...
Albertus
Member # 1635

- posted      Profile for Albertus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[note: This post contains a brief, but perhaps important, spoiler for "The Parting of the Ways".]

I have just watched the final episode of Doctor Who on the BBC.

What can I say? Just magnificent!! Eccleston went out in spectacular style. Billie Piper was a dream. [Smile] and Bad Wolf was......awesome!!!!.

Best Doctor Who series I have seen - And I grew up with William Hartnell and through all the other incarnations...lol

What a real rush.

[Big Grin]

[ June 19, 2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: TSN ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oy! NEW THREAD, MAN! No spoilers here!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Albertus
Member # 1635

- posted      Profile for Albertus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I didn't think I gave any spoiler info away, I just expressed an opinion. If I have I apologise. [Frown]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I stopped when I read the first line, and went no further. Unless you're thinking that "Bad Wolf" is the season finale (It's not), you should start a thread discussing that actual episode ("The Parting of the Ways"). I'm DESPERATELY trying to avoid spoilers until I can see the episode tomorrow night, and am realizing how dangerous visiting even these pages can be while surfing today. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...I didn't think I gave any spoiler info away..."

Perhaps you should re-read the fourth sentence of your post.

Albertus
Member # 1635

I am very sorry for making such a stupid error. I tried to edit the post, but too much time had gone by. Perhaps a Mod could remove my post in this thread?

Once again, sorry if i spoilt things for anybody. [Frown]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still amazed that Channel 4/Endemol allowed such blatant use of Big Brother imagery, complete with VO by Davina McCall (presenter of Big Brother in the UK). The use of Anne Robinson and The Weakest Link wouldn't be a problem since it's a BBC show, not would the Trinny and Susannah robots in the What Not To Wear - or should that be What Body Parts To Not Have? - spoof. Have Trinny & Susannah been exported abroad? Did any foreign viewers actually 'get' the joke?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not recognize the names of the presenters, but you can watch What Not To Wear in the U.S., at least, on BBC America, and there might be an American version by now too, I don't know. Thanks for the high standards, The Learning Channel!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's strange, this year in the UK BB is on its sixth incarnation, yet in the US it never really caught on, maybe being done once or twice? Yet the various Survivor contests are almost into double figures in the US, while in the UK only the celebrity version(s) was a success. But then in the UK we're quite happy to stick to home and wardrobe makeovers, whereas in the US you virtually leapfrogged straight to plastic surgery shows. There's a whole thesis to be had from comparative US-UK reality TV programming. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its crap!

Its crap!

Its crap!

Yes, Mr. Sherman, its all crap....

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps