Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 2x1 "Scattered" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG 2x1 "Scattered"
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's the other thing - she could just be a power-hungry bitch. That's what is very cool about BSG - you don't exactly know where each character stands.

We REALLY don't know if Six is just a figment of Baltar's imagination and everything that has happened could be just dumb luck. They've covered their tracks well. I believe Ron Moore wants to keep it ambiguous.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The loss of the preview scenes in the opening sequence is awful! That was the best part!

As far as networks go, I think part of the problem is that while certain systems can by nature be accessed from outside (like, say, navigational sensors), those systems aren't generally directly connected to the computer system. The problem lies in connecting vital systems to ones that are related to external communication. At least, that's what would make sense, so I'm assuming that's their explanantion too. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the thinking the preview scenes in the opening sequence might just have been cut for this episode, since there was such a lengthy "Previously, On Battlestar..." sequence.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's true, there was a lot of credit sequence in the first season - The "season precis," as it were, the "Cylons were created by man" bit I mean; the actual "Previously on BG" bit; then the pre-credits part of the actual episode (there's a name for it, I forget what); then the credits/title sequence; then the flash-preview. That's a lot of stuff to get through every week, especially given how the pre-credits bit of some eps were about 5 or 10 minutes long.

Perhaps Ellen Tigh wants Gaeta punished because he'd then be out of the way, as he's too much of a straight arrow to be corrupted by her?

Mind you, if anyone else ever turns out to be a secret Cylon, my money's on Gaeta anyway. Someone put that transponder in C&C in the miniseries and it needn't have been Doral.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the pre-credits part of the actual episode (there's a name for it, I forget what)
Teaser, is what I've always called it.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the cutting out of the episode preview altogether would fit with Sci-Fi's chopping of the Stargate opening sequences to 10 seconds each.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, so they've finally discovered the secret speed-dial function of the Stargates. Next they'll be using them to send text and photo messages too.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And everyone will be transmitted as .rar files

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fucking .rars.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
Member # 393

Yeah, just use Winzip for fuck's sake.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, imagine the xenophobic Ziploids suddenly reprogrammed a gate to decompress only travellers from their own kind and just broke compatibility with the rest of the galaxy where the Rarwinian toolset (capable of easily unpacking even the densest Ziploid stream) was still installed in each gate. It'd go against all the principles of the show. B)
Lee
Member # 393

a) What are you on?
b) I hope you brought enough for everybody.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

And anyway, enough hijacking this thread! It's all a ploy by the Stargate-should-have-its-own-forumites. So, Battlestar Galactica, replicants, whoo, scary! If they were created by men, do you think they got their name because they were fitted with the Intel Cylon processor?

(I now have this idea for an advert for the Cylon processor stuck in my mind - instead of the whirplool and bing-bing-bing-bong sound, you have a red dot that goes left-to-right-then-back twice and a voom-voom, voom-voom sound)

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Starbuck's stuck on Caprica now, too. Crap.

I personally wish they'd replace that effects shot of the Vipers landing (reused from the mini). There's only one Mk VII in that shot, and it bounces badly off the landing strip. Apollo's Mk VII is the only one left, and he's a much better pilot than that.

As for Ellen Tigh, I like Apollo's comment (as best I can remember) about that: "If she's not a Cylon, we're really in trouble."

I'm not sure whether I like the new opening music or not yet. I liked the way the original was almost all percussion. Of course, being a drummer, I might be biased.

Re: STARGATE - They meant that the opening credits were cut from 1 minute to 10 seconds, so that Sci-Fi can have 50 more seconds for commercials. That really sucks because I happen to like the music, and the producers think it helps make the show what it is.

B.J.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps