Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "The Intruder" $$$

Author Topic: SGA "The Intruder" $$$
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, apparently they've skipped a month in which they went to Earth and now they're on their way back. In any case, another fun episode, simply because I was laughing a lot (but in a good way)!

Even before they detected the Wraith virus, who else was thinking "Okay, who loaded up the HAL 9000 operating system?" Also, it was real quick, but as that second door closed in from of McKay and Sheppard, the camera mounted just inside that door was on a narrow black panel that looked quite familiar... [Big Grin]

The little revelation that they missed a computer during the last reboot --- DUH! I actually didn't think the fighters in the bay were a threat since they were probably shut down anyway. My first thought as to where the virus went was the now deserted fighter.

So just like Trek transporters, Asgard beaming can also reorient your arms and legs in mid transport!

It didn't look like they went to both the port and starboard bays to pull the fighters' computers. So what's in the port bay? A museum? [Razz]

B.J.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about the two launch bay thing myself. I guess someone else managed to get to that one. Or maybe there is only one, and the other pod has something else in it?

So how come Daniel missed this particular flight?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this was the flight he missed. If we assume the first flight to Atlantis was during the SG-1 season finale.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in realtime, the SG-1 season finale lasted about two minutes. [Smile] But yeah, I'd say the flight back to Pegasus is the one he missed.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to figure this out, so correct me if I'm wrong.

In the SG-1 season finale the SGC recovers the ZPM let behind by SG-1 in the past.

In the SGA season finale the ZPM is used to send major reinforcements to Atlantis. It takes 18 days for the Daedalus to travel from Earth to Atlantis using the ZPM.

So then I must assume the ZPM was put into the Daedalus right after it powered the stargate for Colonel Everett's team. How many days past by after Everett arrived?

The Daedalus left for Earth after they made sure Atlantis was safe from Wraith attack. When the Daedalus arrived General Landry had already assumed command.

We know the team split up after O'Neill left and Landry replaced him. Daniel was probably on that list that Dr. Beckett came up with.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SG-1's episodes have been set about three weeks ahead of SG-A's from mid-season eight onward, so when Daedalus left for Pegasus the first time (right after Everett's team arrived at Atlantis in part two of The Siege), Daniel would have been quite busy eating waffels at the restaurant at the end of the universe in Threads, and when it left the second time (Avalon I/The Intruder), he was, erh, tied up in something and so missed his flight again. B)

[ July 23, 2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes, I think you've got it wrong (although I don't blame you, it took me some thinking to figure it out, too).

The ZPM was sent to Atlantis aboard the Daedalus; it only took about four days for this journey, 'cause the Daedalus got a big power boost from the module to travel faster. But now that the ZPM is running Atlantis, it takes a lot longer to make the trip, because there's no extra power boost.

I would assume that the trip Daniel missed would've been the second departure, since there wouldn't be enough time after getting back from the finale trip to have everything else going on.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right. Both Daedalus and Prometheus have Asgard hyperdrives which can make the trip. However, transit time seems to be about a month (if "Home", a dream episode based mostly on "reality", is to be believed) without the ZPM power boost.

Argh - my main computer's died, and so I've been cut off from certain luxuries. Will have them restored soon and get me caught up for my own commentaries, I hope.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The timeline, as best as I can figure:

First, "Moebius" happens. The ZPM is recovered from Egypt. They probably had to spend some time checking it over before using it, during which time "The Siege, part 1" happens. Then the ZPM is used to send Everett through the gate to Atlantis ("The Siege, part 2"). It is then loaded onto the Daedalus, which arrives at Atlantis four days later ("The Siege, part 3"). Somewhere during or after those four days, O'Neill leaves the SGC and the members of SG-1 split up. After a few days, Landry takes command, and the top members of the Atlantis crew come back through the gate. Eighteen days after "The Siege, part 3", the Daedalus reaches Earth, stays briefly while new crew members are chosen, then ferries everyone back to Atlantis. Meanwhile, Mitchell is trying to reform SG-1, and Daniel ends up getting knocked out just in time to miss his flight. This all happens during "Avalon, part 1". Then "Avalon, part 2" happens. Chances are good that "Origin" will happen as well, before we reach the point where the Daedalus gets back to Pegasus in "The Intruder".

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And of course, some point prior to "Moebius", "Letters From Pegasus" occurs, which sets the whole chain of events in motion. Without the knowledge that the Wraith were on the way, it could be argued that SG-1 would not have been so gung-ho to use time travel to retrieve Ra's ZPM in the first place, though it's not explicitly mentioned as such. It's only a little wierd that SG-1 didn't go to Atlantis along with Everett and his jarheads, though it's true that straight combat isn't their purview.

In "Avalon Part I", Daniel is only just getting around to packing up his office, which suggests that SG-1 had been officially disolved shortly before Mitchell got there. Poor guy, he's always wanted to go ("Rising", "Prometheus Unbound" and this one), but things/invasions/Vala just keep getting in the way...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps