Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DW: The Doctor's New Clothes

Author Topic: DW: The Doctor's New Clothes
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tennanth Doctor is in - and his style has certainly gotten eccentric! The photo call is in, and we get a look at David Tennant as the tenth Doctor, his strange attire, and Rose's muted duds as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/tennant/index.shtml

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty tame....no question marks or anything.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked Eccleston's rough & tumble leather look. This one harkens back to the classics of the first couple doctors, and is slowly starting to grow on me. It's quite the contrast, to be sure.

As for the question marks, We've gone three doctors now without 'em. Accept it! It's done! [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least pin some vegetable on the lapel.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something to make the outfit look less store-bought!
Fuck- timelords are reduced to shopping at Sears now?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Ty Pennington can give the TARDIS a much needed Home Makeover...Timelord edition of course.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Queer-Eye for the Time-Guy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
As for the question marks, We've gone three doctors now without 'em. Accept it! It's done! [Smile]

Only two, unless you're counting Tennant as the third.

I'm also not getting how you can see Hartnell's sophisticated English gent in this get-up. I can see Troughton's hobo/mad homeless bloke style in there though.

I don't mind it, although only have two buttons done up does annoy the acorns out of me, for some reason.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Well, McCoy finished his term without question. [Wink]

Fan reaction on other boards has been generally positive. The Doc always wore something that could be considered eccentric by contemporary standards; even Hartnell's Edwardian outfit was out of date for an old guy in the 1960s. Tennant's 1970s pinstripe suit is IMO *just* enough out of place for 2006 to look wierd, but not *too* wierd for a 30-something guy rooting around London... The sneakers rather seal it, though. Perhaps more Troughton than Pertwee or Hartnell, whose outfits at least matched; but eccentric nonetheless.

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen Fry is going to write an episode, I hear.

And Anthony Stewart Head is going to be in one.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

For reference, someone's made a full-length comparison of each Doctor's hallmark outfit.

http://www.m.turnbull.btinternet.co.uk/doctorwhomain/images/001doctorwhos.jpg

Still fits in, I say. Give Tennant a decent pair of shoes, and I'm sold. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps