Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Knights of the old Republic 2...

Author Topic: Knights of the old Republic 2...
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, didn't really know where to put this, so I figgered 'general sci-fi' was vague enough...

In the pc game "SWKOTOR 2: the Sith Lords" there's a part where I'm a little stuck, and I was hoping one of you lovely people would help me out.

Once you hit Korriban, in the old Sith academy, there's a door that you can supposedly only open with high explosives, but it damages a Sith holocron once you do, rendering the whole exercise more or less pointless. So I was wondering if anyone out there knew a way around this? Maybe using some sort of "force lockpick"?

Thanks guys.
Peace.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, that holocron is destroyed depending on Revan's alignment. That is, you always blow up the door with explosives, but the holocron is viewable only if Revan ended up taking over the Sith in the first game.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Star Wars forum might be a slightly more appropriate venue.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, the thorium charges are no threat to the contents of the two rooms they are used to open, it depends on the alignment of the player.

These two sites are your friends:
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?s=46cb7441c6a4dad38c73a9ab5cf185e3&showforum=18

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=575

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. Well, back to my Jedi-y ways...

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I'm impressed at the general world's attempt not to ruin the twist in KOTR 1. Which included one of my friends leaping up and turning off the TV when he was playing it, despite suffering from a broken foot.

Pity PC Gamer mentioned in in their "100 greatest PC gaming moments" article. The bastards.

Still, at least I've managed to finish Manan and Kash...Wookie planet. I am dividing my time between that and beating the Elite Four, as I have no job for another week. My life is fun.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, as someone who will likely never play the game... what's the twist?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not worth repeating here. So says me and I'm the moderator. Take this PM, for example, just rudimentary.

Psylian: You've avoided Tatooine all the while playing four planets? You're braver than I thought.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't play the game, then the twist is irrelevent.

I put of Tattooine intentionally, as I didn't want to do the known planets first. So I did Minan, which is apparently the most boring. I've got to go back though, now I have Jolee. And I've still got to go to Koriban.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is bad that KOTOR2 is like, awful.

Oh, and don't spill your Darth Dew Slurpees on me, you turds, I lost a lung and garnered a nice case of crustied pinked eye when playing the first.

You can totally look the same as in the first game, which like, boggles.

Nim
Member # 205

No The robes are more baggy. Go play with the Teamsters if you love them so much.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps