Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly: Thoughts on "Earth-that-was" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Firefly: Thoughts on "Earth-that-was"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Earth is actually a pristine paradise and the stories of its being a barren, irratidiated hell-hole are just told to keep people away.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That thought has crossed my mind.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I really don't like that option... for one thing, it completely contradicts the story of "after the Earth got used up". I also think it fits in much better with the "Firefly" story of life being controlled and ultimately nearly ruined by the big corporations and governments.

Besides, what would really be the point of the Earth turning out to be actually okay, after all? Seems to me it really doesn't matter to the plot whatsoever...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what the plot of the movie is.

Personally, I think it's going to turn out to be a prologue type thingy, showing the evacuation. I doubt Earth will actually feature at all in the story.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*spoiler warning*

I read a review of the film (apparantly it's had quite a few test showings already, or was it a leaked script. I forget) that says the film dose indeed start with a prologue, bringing everyone up-to-date from EtW to the Unification Wars and the state of the 'Verse in general.
So in all likeyhood, EtW dosen't figure much in the plot.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps