Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Galactica: A Missing Piece of the Puzzle, Deleted? (Not-Quite-Spoiler-ish)

Author Topic: Galactica: A Missing Piece of the Puzzle, Deleted? (Not-Quite-Spoiler-ish)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been going back on the Sci-Fi Channel website and watching some of the deleted scenes they have for each of the episodes from season one. (Never got around to watching all of them before.) One of them, from "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I" caught my attention -- not for the scene itself, but for the lead-in to the scene.

In a cut pede-conference turned awkward morning-after conversation, the High Priestess of Vague Mysticism (gotta love Television Without Pity!) starts expositioning about why the early Humans left Kobol in the first place and went off to found the Twelve Colonies -- because there was some kind of war about a "jealous god" who demanded to be elevated above the others... or something to that effect. That suggests that this whole Cylon religious thing is somehow tracing its way back through several thousand years of history. It lends more meaning to the phrase "all this has happened before", too. And it kinda makes me wonder about the meaning Six's line about the "end" of the Human race in tonight's episode.

I guess that god really was jealous, huh? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or they have no real plan and make it up as they go along...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least they're better at hiding that than that whole chaotic TCW thing in Enterprise.

I've just watched the whole of Season 1, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I quite like the mystical elements in the series as well, especially Gaius Balthar and the humanoid Cylons.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Harry, it's Baltar. No "h".) [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So say we all.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So maybe the gods are real, and this rogue god said, "Hey, Cylons, I'll be your best buddy if you help me ..."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps