Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 and Atlantis on this week?

Author Topic: SG1 and Atlantis on this week?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi were SG1 and Atlantis on this week? I'm gathering that they weren't as there aren't any "rapidly moving fluids" online for them.

I liked week 7's Atlantis - furthering the wraith story - but SG1 was a little disappointing after such a full on episode the week before. The Baal cloning issue will be interesting though.

I notice that Garek the Jaffa leader wannabe with the Shatner-esque phrasing has the same Goa'uld tattoo on his forehead as the "unnamed" Goa'uld that capture SG1 in "The Other Guys". I'm pretty sure anyway - I don't think it's the Baal symbol - which he is now using as that company's logo.

Anyone know which Goa'uld Garek was (I'm gathering by the gold tattoo) first prime for?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They weren't. Their schedule resumes next friday.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "Origin":

Gerak (their spelling) was First Prime to Munto, a minor Goa'uld who served under Ra. When O'Neil and Jackson killed Ra in the movie, Munto went to serve Baal (which is odd considering most of Ra's forces defaulted to Heru'ur, then Apophis). Baal's Jaffa were led by Hubrok after the fall of the Goa'uld, but then he disappeared under mysterious circumstances, allowing Gerak to emerge as the leader and focal point for the more warlike traditions of the Jaffa Nation.

So no, he's not from "The Other Guys". [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

No but the symbol is. (I think)

The Goa'uld symbol resource that I had bookmarked is not there anymore - bugger.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go:

http://www.stargatesg1971.com/otherguys/caps/PDVD_216.html

Nope. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps