Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Never seen Buffy?

Author Topic: Never seen Buffy?
Arthur 'Frelling' Dent
Member # 1609

- posted      Profile for Arthur 'Frelling' Dent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I have never watched a single episode of Buffy (been under a rock for years - i know. But have been a fan of firefly for a while. What with all the talk of serenity at the minute it has brought it back into my mind, and I have decided to give Mr. Whedon's "other show" a go.

Just Ordered the season 1 box set for �17.99 from movietyme, and im wondering what to expect.

I generally like all things sci fi / fantasy. My favorite TV shows are all really character driven like Farscape, firefly Alias etc.

Now, for �17.99 i can't see myself being too disapointed but im kinda hoping this will be another farscape for me (best show ever)!!

What are your thoughts and experiences of this show. Do you think i will like it?

Dave

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If yuo have a sick sense of humour, (you're in flare and you like farscape, you most probably do), and a thing for femail blonds who kick ass (or, if you prefer, bruding beefcake guys or weedey guy who get assed kicked), then yes.

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Arthur 'Frelling' Dent
Member # 1609

- posted      Profile for Arthur 'Frelling' Dent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If yuo have a sick sense of humour, (you're in flare and you like farscape, you most probably do), and a thing for femail blonds who kick ass (or, if you prefer, bruding beefcake guys or weedey guy who get assed kicked), then yes
Definately the female one and not the male one. - probably why i like alias thinking about it [Razz]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also never seen a single episode of Buffy, but I have seen the movie! I liked its twisted sense of humor, especially Pee Wee's death scene. The series seemed to be too teen oriented for me, seeing as how I was already in my 20s when it started.

B.J.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 1 is good. Season 2 is better. Season 3 is even better. Season 4 was a let down but had probably the two best episodes of the series. Season 5 was the best. Season 6 was good. Season 7 was OK.

People are SO going to differ about what I've said.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{takes AndrewR outside}
BANG!
{comes back in}
Yep, we'll disagree

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That gave me a great idea for a fanscript! Boughy vs. Old Yeller!
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 6 had "Once More, With Feeling". What two episodes in S4 can top that?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine he's thinking of "Hush" and. . . I'm not sure.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Restless," maybe, if that's the one I'm thinking of. It certainly stands out, at least.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly the one where Faith wakes up, or the one after. Although neither of those are as good as the stuff near the end of season 3.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps