Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Firefly/Serenity Speculation (No Spoilers!)

Author Topic: Firefly/Serenity Speculation (No Spoilers!)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've just had this interesting thought about how the Reavers fit into the Serenity 'verse. I haven't seen the movie yet (going tonight!), so this won't fit into it, other than the fact that we know Reavers are showing up.

What if there's more to the Reavers than just random people going mad out in interstellar space? There's no indication of how long the Reavers have been around. But also, what if River weren't the first subject of this mysterious Alliance Psycho Project?

What if the Reavers are previous, failed results of the same project that screwed with River? Or at least, maybe more-failed results, anyway. If River could be considered a failure, of course.

That would be rather... interesting... wouldn't you say? I'm not sure if the idea would hold together in the long run, but it's intriguing nonetheless.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you're close -- they are the results of experimentation. Don't quite figure how existing Reavers turn normal folk into Reavers though.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, you're close -- they are the results of experimentation."

And how would you know that? I mean, it's obivously not something they said in the movie, since the title of the thread says "no spoilers".

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. I make my own rules.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rules about being an asshole?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes. Well, and the rules about not reading the thread title.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prickly ignorance issues aside, my Firefly friends and I too have found ourselves speculating about the Reavers. For instance, they must have some type of culture, a hierarchy. Because they don't seem to have set upon themselves. Plus they have giant spaceships they fly around in looking for food/recruits. I don't know that you can be a mindless killing/raping/canibalistic machine and do all the things one has to do to fly around in space.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps