Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "The Lost Boys" [Spoilers]

Author Topic: SGA "The Lost Boys" [Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda thought that someone would have started a thread by now...

-Ford's been busy... And he's been changing too. His makeup's different, less pronounced, and you can actually see some of his eye besides the black part.

-I'm a little confused as to how the Wraith beam works. Ford dives into one - do the Wraith not know they've got a target? They rest of the Wraith on that cruiser seemed pretty oblivious that he had even been captured.

-The Wraith are using different weapons - originally seen as the Bedrosian shovel blasters in SG-1's "New Ground" though now without the shovel parts. They still use the same Wraith stunner FX, but are unlit (and are doubtless less cumbersome for the actors). Sorta like how the Jem'Haddar inherited the Hunter weapons in DS9. The older Wraith stunner (and a host of guest weapons) are being used by Ford's irregulars.

-The Genii are not forgotten. They have safehouses all over the galaxy, and maintain an extensive network of spies. One of them is in Ford's group, too, after having betrayed his bosses. From these safehouses they've been looting food and supplies, including a batch of Genii computers (with those nity old-tv-screens-that-look-alien-enough) that can read the Wraith jump drives. They've also gotten their hands on some of the C4 that the Genii took from Atlantis last year.

-Zelenka heads offworld again, and is at last seen in the gray uniforms the others wear. I suppose that gray is now standard for the field, while most of the civilians switch back to the less cool beige uniforms at home, desptie the fact that they're made of the same material.

-The Wraith dart prop is the re-dressed prop we saw earlier this year in "Duet". Note that the camo webbing cleverly disguises the fact that the prop doesn't extend much beyond the cockpit - sorta like how they have to disguise the F-302 prop for the same reasons.

-The dart canopy is opaque from the inside when activated, but becomes a 360-degree HUD. Funny how they didn't bother telling Sheppard this, let alone have him LEARN to fly the damn thing before setting off on their mission... Or anyone else, for that matter, in case they had to commandeer another one to get back. Ah well, pretty well no one is expecting Ford and his boys to last more than the next episode anyway.

-Production gaffe - no one removes the ladder from the dart before Shep activates the canopy. It has hooks over the side of the cockpit tub, which would have obstructed the canopy from forming, unless it cuts it off or something. Regardless, the ladder isn't there when the CG dart takes off.

-Now THAT's a transporter malfunction you don't want happening to you! Still, you'd figure that there would be safeties against such a fundamental flaw (right, like that ever helped Trek) unless there was other damage to the dart...

-The episode culminates with some great fight choreography, with the only real noticable gaffe being one Wraith starting to jump into the air before a grenade goes off. [Wink] We end the combat with Ford and Ronon fighting back to back, which is oddly suited given thier current or former place in the AR-1 team.

-Hey, another Wraith queen, and this time one that doesn't look like Marylin Manson!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm a little confused as to how the Wraith beam works. Ford dives into one - do the Wraith not know they've got a target? They rest of the Wraith on that cruiser seemed pretty oblivious that he had even been captured."

As far as I know, they weren't surprised to have a prisoner ; they were just surprised to have a conscious one.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come the Genii were keeping the explosives they had stolen for the express purpose of nuclear bomb production in a safehouse far from home?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, regardless of why they had it there, I wonder if, now that they've lost their supply, they'll try and get more?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if YOU were making a nuke, would YOU want to test and develop it on your own planet, especially when you have no apparent rapid transportation infrastructure yet have a stargate sitting in your garden? And just after the Wraith had laid waste to your home?

And the Genii came up with two nukes, but may have put off development of any more until they could get more explosives... But they're probably not so one-track as to try to hit Atlantis AGAIN just to get the stuff. But the producers love the Genii, so they'll be back eventually.

Mark <--- whatever happened to that babe Sora, anyway?

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
-Hey, another Wraith queen, and this time one that doesn't look like Marylin Manson!

Ah well. Kinda puts a dent in my pet theory that the *real* reason the Wraith are so pissed is that the Atlantis team killed their Smurfette in the first episode.

B.J.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I wouldn't put a key material required by my nuclear program in a lightly guarded farmhouse light years away from my actual nuclear program, no, nor would I risk building my infrastructure (and housing all my geniuses) in a location with such a narrow and easily blocked supply line. Now testing, sure, no reason to ever actually set off a bomb on my planet. But my vast and secret bunkers seem ideal locations for building the bombs, not to mention all the stuff I have to build in order to build the bombs. (Which, in fact, is what the Genii were actually doing, if I recall correctly.)

I wonder how hard (or easy) it would be for someone with roughly USA-in-the-1940s technology to reverse engineer C-4, given a sample of it? C-4 is a modification of an explosive from that period, according to Wikipedia. Maybe the Genii have been making their own since last year, and Shephard only assumed that this was the same stuff taken from Atlantis?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a ripper of an episode (and so was SG-1's "The Fourth Horseman"...

Was there supposed to be anything special about that female wraith? Why did they specifically want Shepherd... cause he had turned very-far into an Eraytees bug? He DIDN'T have the enzyme in him?

Ohhh they killed off - rather unexpectedly a talking character from the episode.

And what where those two brutish guys going to do to McKay!?!

What would the Ori do to the Wraith!?! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps