Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Peter Jackson's next movie. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Peter Jackson's next movie.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HALO!

Holy fuck, this could be spectacular.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, because so many other game-to-movie adaptations have been.

(And that says nothing about the actual quality of those games, which I have some issues with re: Halo. Namely, that it is a bit repetitious in places. Repetitious. In places.)

((Repetitious in places!))

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what we're getting instead of The Hobbit? Fuck that shit.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's only executive producing. His actual next movie is an adaptation of the novel The Lovely Bones.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about outside in Halo. Once you're inside it is VERY repetitive. (Which indistict room that is almost exactly like every orther room has the big Blue guys?) Something tells me a WETA film wouldn't focus on that so much.

Doom's going to be setting the bar pretty high. (Fingers totally crossed for more and more first person gimmicky shots.)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's going to be a Doom movie?

BAM!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the thought of making a movie of "Lovely Bones".
Actual dreamy "pseudo-heaven" shots of Susie sitting and peeking at the world, it should stay in text format.
Also, the tempo of the book is atrocious. It's worth it if you plow through it in only a few sittings but the space between "murderer leaves town" to "murderer comes back and things start to pick up" was, like, 200 pages or something.

And as for Halo, I can only say "ZZZzzzzz". It's going to be a tamer-than-tame Starship Troopers rippoff with no blood, cussing or girls, just some spiky reptilian/insect aliens that bleed blue goop and then the ringworld explodes exactly like in the end-cutscene of the game. Woo.

Prove me wrong, kids! Prove me wrong...

EDIT: PS. "Halo teh movie" will also suck because I fear neither Church, Donut nor Simmons will be in it.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not really stretch things and do a Well World series of movies? They've tried just about everything else.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we should see some amazing visuals of the Halo world itself, cool aliens and, if it follows the premise of the novels at all, a good story.

I'm excited in spite of the abyssimal track record of all other video game-to-movie projects.

Plus, I want to see the Pillar of Autumn on tne bigscreen.

Soundeffect must be going nuts- he's building a 1:1000th scale (huge!) model of that ship already.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He's only executive producing. His actual next movie is an adaptation of the novel The Lovely Bones."

Well, fuck that shit, too, if necessary. I want me some Hobbit.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah, before the actor croaks or becomes too obviously old to play Bilbo.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with Halo's interiors isn't so much that they're dull and repetitive, though they are, but that, after having gone through one dull and repetitive section, the game insists you go back through it in the opposite direction.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, the movie does not have to follow that, y'know. [Wink]

There is a lot of room for detailing the Halo world...and of course, the aliens will be cool.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
The problem with Halo's interiors isn't so much that they're dull and repetitive, though they are, but that, after having gone through one dull and repetitive section, the game insists you go back through it in the opposite direction.

When I worked at the videogame place, we'd do that when we were behind schedule (which was always). We did acknowledge it was cheap and sort of lame.

I guess Weta would be great for The Flood. (hope I'm not spoiling anything here). Except I hated The Flood. Because I didn't understand the Flood. (but mostly because they were always hiding in shitty dark little corners and slapping me with their sloppy tentacles while I was busy reloading my shotgun.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I think you just strayed into hentai territory, tentacle-boy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps