Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lost: "Everybody Hates Hugo" $$

Author Topic: Lost: "Everybody Hates Hugo" $$
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dollar signs still mean spoilers, right?

Ironically, everyone loves Hurley! At least on the island. Not counting the Others, I guess. Or the freaky tail survivors. Or Desmond. Rousseau doesn't seem to bear him any ill will, though.

So, re the hatch (or, at this point, I guess we should call it the Station 3, or the Swan, or something): Some hints as to what happened to the original experiment. Or, rather, a hint that there was in fact an original experiment. I would have said, last week, that it was just as likely that the psychological number-pushing exercise was the point from the beginning, but now it looks like something else was going on before being buried under tons of concrete.

And then there's the other hatch. It looked unfinished, to me, but my reception was fuzzy. If it wasn't completed, that might explain how they were able to get in.

But forgot all that: did Hurley get to take the cute record store clerk to The Hold Steady concert?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he did, something horrible probably happened to her.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot all that indeed.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Another logo?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It had been driving me nuts as to where I've seen the blond woman before, but I finally figured out that she's been in "Titus" and "The Drew Carey Show".

So, it seems Walt (and Shannon maybe?) aren't the only ones with paranormal abilities. Rose seems to have some extrasensory abilities as well, if seemingly limited.

B.J.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She just has faith and doesn't have that empty feeling when somebody is gone.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps one of the strongest themes in Lost seems to be about belief and faith and trust and that sort of shit. Speaking of faith, I was going to be seriously upset if Hurley had blown the food (and possibly the shelter) apart with the last of the dynamite. The show would have taken a deleterious dog-leg into 24 territory where everthing that can possibly go lame does. So it was nice when it didn't. Claire got her peanut butter. Kate got a shower. Sayid is still clever and awesome. And big, fat Hurley is redeemed and loved by all.

Plus Rose is probably my favorite character on the island. (I'd totally be helping her with laundry.) It's good that Bernard is OK, but I'm worried about those back-half-of-plane folk. Something bad has happened, be it Michelle Rodriguez hardness or supernatural magnet chain smoke thing. I wasn't sure whether the other station was unfinished or just abandoned and sort of in ruins.

"Have a cluck, cluck, cluckety day."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Evidence, at any rate, that the whole Dharma Initiative didn't proceed as originally planned. (Unless looking like it didn't proceed as planned was in fact the plan.)

I'd bet that the tail survivors' problems are due to either folks like Ethan Rom, or Rousseau's alleged crazifying disease, or some as yet unknown group of bad people; if it was just the monster/security system, I don't think they'd be so mean. I mean, it's pretty clear that Sawyer, say, isn't suddenly going to start tearing trees out of the ground and ripping people in half.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the preview for next week, I got the impression the Tail Survivors' problems were due to their being killed off by the Others. But, of course, what the previews seem to imply and what actually happens are often different things.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps