Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lost: ". . . and Found"

Author Topic: Lost: ". . . and Found"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puns!

I don't actually have much to say about this episode, beyond that I really like both Sun and Jin, and Locke's ability to appear at moments of personal crisis and dispense a few nuggets of shamanistic wisdom is A.) cool and B.) starting to get creepy, maybe. Is he planning his little interventions in advance? So anyway I hope someone else will come and do all the conversational heavy lifting. But what's up with those "others," huh?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or have the past few episodes really lacked the old "holy-shit-what's-going-to-happen-next-I-can't-wait!" feeling to the endings? They don't really even qualify as cliffhangers, anymore.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just judging from their feet and the people on that boat, which admittedly isn't much to go on, it seems the Others aren't much better off than our castaways. And just before we saw Jin and Echo hiding in the bushes, was that Desmond hiding under another bush?

Sawyer called Jin "Chewie" again. !

B.J.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth to tell, I'm sort of relieved that they didn't do the old cliffhanger thing before departing for three (?) weeks. Not that I haven't enjoyed their cliff-hangers, but it was a nice change of pace to have everything be more-or-less alright at teh end of the episode.

I didn't catch Desmond in the brush. But that's because I was preoccupied about the Others. And confused about their lack of tracks. Some of those feet seemed like maybe girl feet. I'm a little frustrated at Michelle Rodriguez & Co. (and Echo) for being so tight-lipped about what they know about the others. Or why they're so scared. I mean, I get it, that they are mysterious and spooky and a sneaky lot, but obviously something has happened/is happening that's making the back-half-of-plane people feel this way.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't the "others" coming out of the woods and driving a huge stake through one of them every now and then go a long ways towards explaining that?
bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So all we'd need would be one character saying, "They come out of the shadows or trees and no one ever sees them and the next thing you know, someone has a big stake through his sternum." And then Michelle Rodriguez can go all intense and glower at them for spilling the big secret. They might even offer "our people just disappear. We never find the bodies." Or "The reason we don't go that way, is because we figured out that this is where they hunt every 108 minutes or so." Or "They all talk like pirates." Something. Anything.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

If the characters start actually saying things instead of just ominously hinting the episodes will be shorter.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, when one of the characters shows an intense fear of some people who are walking around in the jungle and says that they kill anyone they come across, and when they show a guy implaed on a pike, you actually need the characters to explain explicitly that the two are connected?

I'm not sure you're watching the right sort of TV show, then.

bX
Member # 419

Did anyone actually say that they kill anyone they come across? I must have missed that part. I mean of course they're paralyzed with fear over them. And the reasons are entirely obvious. The Others are weird and creepy and don't leave tracks and kill or take people. We, the viewers have seen them in the terrifying form of Ethan Rom. But there's no such explanation for our captive heroes.

I realize there are "trust issues", I just think it's weird that the back-half-of-plane-people aren't talking either way to their new captives/compatriots. Or answering their captive/comptatriot's simple questions. Like even trying to do that very human thing of rationalizing a traumatic situation. Or demanding to know all that Sawyer and Michael know about The Others. Perhaps sharing a parallel Ethan Rom story as much to feel them out as anything else.

I wouldn't want them or expect them to actually explain anything. Not a lot. Just a little.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

But do we know that Ethan was attached to this group? For one thing, he left tracks.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Did anyone actually say that they kill anyone they come across?"

I believe Mr. Echo did. After they stopped hiding in the bushes.

Either that, or it was so obvious that I can't remember the difference between whether it was stated or not.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Flashy sweeps stunt for 2006: Darren Aronofsky.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps