Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » More TNS BSG Image Analysis - Jupiter 2?!?

Author Topic: More TNS BSG Image Analysis - Jupiter 2?!?
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, was going thru my Season One DVD set looking for images of ships in the RTF and what should I find but a ship that looks like a slightly scaled down version of a Blockade Runner from Star Wars (only has 8 engines instead of 11) and....

The Jupiter 2 from "Lost In Space"!

Whattaya think?

http://members.aol.com/Bonaventure1845/RTF_ID-01.jpg

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(You linked to the same image twice!)

I think I need to see it in motion. A grainy static image doesn't do much for me.

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(In contrast, I find grainy static images to be quite sexy and they turn me on.)

Point for me!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... that weird refinery/tanker ship reminds me of the ridiculous (but interesting) Alliance cruisers from "Firefly".

Somehow, I get the feeling that many of the ships in the RTF� are going to turn out to be little in-joke homages. Considering they stuck in the 1701...

Me, I'm just waiting for them to stick in the Eagle 5 (aka "Winnebago with Wings!"). [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited below to correct my foul-up on the links - there are two images. [Embarrassed]

quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
So, was going thru my Season One DVD set looking for images of ships in the RTF and what should I find but a ship that looks like a slightly scaled down version of a Blockade Runner from Star Wars (only has 8 engines instead of 11) and....

The Jupiter 2 from "Lost In Space"!

Whattaya think?

http://members.aol.com/Bonaventure1845/RTF_ID-02.jpg

Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Hmm... that weird refinery/tanker ship reminds me of the ridiculous (but interesting) Alliance cruisers from "Firefly".

Oooh! Good catch! I don't think it is, but it's definitely very reminiscent of that ship.
quote:
Somehow, I get the feeling that many of the ships in the RTF� are going to turn out to be little in-joke homages. Considering they stuck in the 1701...

Me, I'm just waiting for them to stick in the Eagle 5 (aka "Winnebago with Wings!"). [Big Grin]

Heh... Yeah. LOTS of in-jokes are rumored to be included w/in the RTF. I just wonder if we'll see a tennis shoe hanging somewhere w/in the RTF as is rumored to be in one of the Star Wars movies (ESB?) or something even more bizarre...
Griffworks
Member # 1014

quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
(You linked to the same image twice!)

Yeah, not that it's a surprise to a couple people here, but I'm a dumbass. Got too excited about the find, I guess, which makes me a geeky dumbass.
quote:
I think I need to see it in motion. A grainy static image doesn't do much for me.

B.J.

It does help to see them in motion, yes. I don't have webspace to host something like that, tho.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Griffworks:
I just wonder if we'll see a tennis shoe hanging somewhere w/in the RTF as is rumored to be in one of the Star Wars movies (ESB?) or something even more bizarre...

It's Jedi. And no I don't know where. But it's on the LaserDisc commentary.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tennis shoe and the potato are in TESB in the asteroid belt sequence. In the shot where the Falcon flips under a large asteroid (on its way down to the big asteroid w/the space slug). Two "asteroids" cross the screen diagonally from upper left to lower right. The smoother one is the potato, the other is a tennis shoe (upside down). Both are very blurry, but once you actually see the show, you'll never see it as a rock again.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

Kewel. Thanks for pointing that out.

Off to pull out my DVD copy of TESB. [Smile]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you post some caps of that, too? I've never been able to find them. Always thought it was some sort of urban legend.

Anyway, for the BSG caps, would it be possible to upload just a few second long animated gif here? Just a few frames would help immensely.

B.J.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

I can do the ESB Potato/Tennis Shoe grabs, sure. Not so sure about the .gif grabs, tho. Never done that. I'll give it a try, tho.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps