Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » More New Series BSG Fleet Ship Analysis

Author Topic: More New Series BSG Fleet Ship Analysis
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another image here: http://members.aol.com/Bonaventure1845/Flesh_ID01.jpg

I'm calling that one that has "Tanker?" next it such because that's about the only thing I can think of for it to be. Plus, it's not too far from the Refinery ship - identified as such in the Miniseries - so while it's a bit of a leap, it seems logical that it might be a tanker. I've got another view of it that I screencapped from another episode, but I've not yet converted it to JPEG format.

Unknown #1 sort of looks like the USCM USS Sulaco from Aliens.

Unknown #2 sort of looks like the Circe-class, a fan design from Colonial Fleets.com gallery, seen here: http://www.colonialfleets.com/gallery/data/media/1/cruiser_circe_cl_sag_8-6-05_i1a.jpg and seen as one of the two background ships in this image: http://www.colonialfleets.com/gallery/data/media/1/guardian_patrol_ig193.jpg And the ship on the left in this image: http://www.colonialfleets.com/gallery/data/media/1/projectposter-bg3.jpg So, am I off my rocker on that one...?

Unknown #3 sort of looks like it might be the Botanical Cruiser, but it's hard to tell.

All other ships are easy enough to figure out. I've also found one or two ships from TOS BSG in a few other fleet shots. I'll convert those to JPEG at some point in the future, too. Might help if I put a page together to get all this organized, eh...?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For once, I can definitely make these out, and I agree with you on all counts. The pic however seems to have a vertical scan line through #1, so it makes it a little more difficult to see. It's odd that they put #2 in there, since it can't be a military ship.

I've asked you about maybe an animated gif or something before, but if you can't do that, how about capturing 3 or so successive frames that we can load up into browser tabs and switch between? It might be easier to make out some of the other ships if we could see it in "motion".

B.J.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
For once, I can definitely make these out, and I agree with you on all counts. The pic however seems to have a vertical scan line through #1, so it makes it a little more difficult to see. It's odd that they put #2 in there, since it can't be a military ship.

Nah, it's not really odd. After all, the TOS U.S.S. Enterprise could kick ass and take names and they put that in there. It's just the standard in-joke thing of these animators. [Smile]

quote:
I've asked you about maybe an animated gif or something before, but if you can't do that, how about capturing 3 or so successive frames that we can load up into browser tabs and switch between? It might be easier to make out some of the other ships if we could see it in "motion".

B.J.

I'll do what I can. Doing the multiple frames isn't a problem, just time consuming.
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Griff, have you used Windows Movie Maker? It's part of Win XP, under START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, and ENTERTAINMENT. You can drag the individual pics into it as frames and presto, they become a movie.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

No, I haven't! Thanks for the headsup. I'll give it a try!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps