Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The End of Sliders ($$$)

Author Topic: The End of Sliders ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was quite a while ago that Sci-Fi Channel announced that Sliders would not be renewed for another season. I finally got to see quite a few episodes from Season 5 last night, and it got me to thinking... Sliders episodes tend to get made all at once, and then they slowly get aired over the course of the season. That means the season, and thus series, finale would most probably not tie up any loose ends.

Wade: Got captured by the Kro-Maggs between Seasons 3 and 4. Numerous allusions were made to her during Season 4, and they were actually quite close to finding her a few times.

Quinn: Got merged with his duplicate in the Season 5 premiere. Appearantly, they're trying to find a way to get our Quinn out of "Mallory."

Collin: Also written out in the Season 5 premiere. He's stuck between dimensions. They're trying to figure out how to get him back.

Earth Prime: Originally our Earth, it deviated majorly from the world we know when it was invaded by the Kro-Maggs before the Season 4 premiere. Rembrandt still needs to find a way to save his world, and Season 4 was spent trying to find a weapon capable of doing such a thing. However, a Season 5 episode revealed that the weapon has such devestating side-effects that it is virtually useless.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Serves me right for not looking at the Sci-Fi Channel's website lately. Wade will be in the next episode, actually. It doesn't say if Sabrina Lloyd will be playing her or not, though.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is very bitter on the subject*

Sliders ended back when Professor Arturo was bumped off...

------------------
"I will remember you...Will you remember me?
Don't let your love pass you by...Weep not for the memories..."
Sarah McLachlan

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be blunt: I don't think there was ever another show with as much potential that sucked as much as Sliders. So many cool things could have been done...

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Sliders back when it was on Fox. Then Sci-Fi Channel took it, which I was actually happy about cause it meant that it was coming back. Maggie for the Professor, not a bad trade-off; although I always did like his character. I think the worst thing Sci-Fi did though was kill Quinn off by merging him with a double that doesn't even look like Quinn Mallory. That, and most of it's first season on SF dealing with the Kromaggs. They run into them once, never see them again for a long time and all the sudden every other world is overrun by the Kromaggs? At least they might tie-up the loose end with Wade...

"Requiem"
Rembrandt finally locates their long-lost Slider, Wade, who is being used by the Kromaggs to launch a deadly assault on Kromagg Prime to eliminate all humans.

I look forward to that, I just hope it has the original actress Sabrina Lloyd as Wade.

------------------
Inspected by #10
Federation Starship Datalink

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might interest some of you. My views on the Sci-Fi Channel in general, and the loss of MST3K specificaly.

My rant(s).

It's the second one, beneath the italics.

------------------
"Something I can't comprehend. Something so complex and couched in its equation. So dense that light cannot escape from."
--
Soul Coughing

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all went wrong sometime in the second season. . .

------------------
Phase 1: Steal Underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can live with one Slider missing, but I don't like the way they changed it when the professor went. Now only one original Slider remains, and that is also the one who was accidently caught into the vortex....

Not good....

------------------
Altair's Sci-Fi Homepage

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Well, for those of you who are interested, the episode with Wade is going to be on in 15 minutes. Sorry that doesn't give much warning, but I just found out myself.

------------------
"Alright... Who wrote 'Beavis and Butthead rule' on the back of my skull?"

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek Parody, The Critic

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps