Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lost: "What Kate Did" $

Author Topic: Lost: "What Kate Did" $
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the answer is. . . well, more or less what I think people assumed, with a slight twist re her actual parentage. I'm still not sure I see how she went from being a nice girl from a bad home to a professional outlaw, but I guess when you become an outlaw you either get good at it or you get caught.

But what's with the horse? Not so much in terms of her backstory, but its appearance on the island. Not the first crazy hallucination, to be sure, but if I recall correctly it's the first one that's been corporeal. I mean, assuming that it was an hallucination.

I liked how this episode implied that at this point everybody has been more or less brought up to speed about the various island mysteries, at least so far as they regard the hatch.

And kissing! Plus heartbreak!

In regards to the film and the computer, 1) I wonder if Walt is actually typing in another station somewhere, or using his magic powers. (Perhaps he can only speak forwards if he appears as an IM.) 2) I assume the stations were networked pre-disaster, but if they had time to, for instance, fill in a large part of the Swan with concrete, couldn't they just disconnect the computer? That's assuming that the warning isn't part of the experiment, of course.

This is the last new episode of the year, apparently. Hopefully January will bring with it a whole episode devoted to Locke and Eko trading slightly creepy yet edifying homilies back and forth.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Locke and Eko together are just... odd. I can't remember it exactly, but Eko said something about fate over coincedence to Locke, and I said to my wife "Wait, isn't that Locke's line?".

As for the horse, I don't think anyone else has had any corporeal hallucinations, not to mention a shared hallucination. (I'm assuming that Walt is projecting his image and he's not a hallucination.) I don't know why the horse suddenly showed up or what it represents. I thought it was funny that Charlie didn't even blink when asked if it was possible for a horse to be on a tropical island. "We've seen polar bears."

The missing bit of film gives us some more info, but again it's pretty much useless. All it says is that using the computer for communication could lead to another "incident" without explaining why or even what the incident was.

I'm kinda suprised that the bunker has blast doors on the inside, seeing as how it's pretty well protected already. What areas are being shield from each other?

I knew I recognized the actress who played Kate's mother - she played Zelda in the "Sabrina" series.

B.J.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are we defining "corporeal hallucination" here? Because, if anything that appears magically on the island is considered an hallucination, then the polar bear was certainly corporeal with respect to the bullet that killed it. In fact, as far as I remember, there has been absolutely no evidence of a single noncorporeal "hallucination".
Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was interresting that the second time that the horse appeared on the island, it was Sawyer who noticed it first, not Kate.
And did anyone notice Sayid on the TV when Kate visited her military 'father'?

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of Jack seeing his father. He never touched him. On the other hand, other people couldn't see him, so I guess that may have been a whole other kind of event.

Nice to see Jin finally getting the handcuff off.

What Eko said to Locke was, in fact, almost a refutation of Locke's usual way of thinking: "Don't mistake coincidence for fate." Or confuse with, or something, but along that line.

Also, I didn't notice Sayid. I'm not sure of the timeline here; would he still have been in Iraq?

While I'm at it, while we now know what Kate did and why, things still seem a little weird. Her father ("father"?) knew all along that she was the murdering kind? That's odd, isn't it?

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:

Nice to see Jin finally getting the handcuff off.

The little look that he and Micheal (who put the cuff on him in the first place), shared as Jin held up the cuff was amusing.

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong topic. oops!

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/alvarhanso.html

So who or what is .MOLE.?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that's wierd.
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's up with the caps?

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Okay, looking at this again, it raises even more questions. In the show, Walt initiated the communication, and Michael responded. Here, we don't know who initiated it, but the responder is MOLE. You don't suppose that Walt tried this before and got someone else who isn't what they seem?

B.J.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's something of a hint that showed what happened during the "incident" or something more sinister...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

(Also apparently a large enough cash donation can make any disease-outbreak-related-to-immortal-orangutans problem go away.)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps