Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » End of Brimstone (maybe $$$$)

Author Topic: End of Brimstone (maybe $$$$)
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I'm sure all of you may know this (most of you being US/Canadian), but I only discovered lately that it's glorious life is being prematurely ended.
And without even the dignity of having lived a full season.

I don't know what you thought of it, or how it rated in your estimations, but I will say this:

Brimstone was the first science-fiction series (save DS9, and at a stretch B5) that genuinely entertained me. The plots were well thought out, their resolutions never jarring or misplaced. The banter between the Devil and Stone was priceless, two excellent character actors pounding at each other. The visual effects were well done, but thankfully were never the star.

Tonight, our station will broadcast the final ever episode of Brimstone. All that remains is to set the video, and wait until morning (it's on in the early AM here).

No fanfare. No salute.
But I take my hat off to it.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Science Fiction, fantasy. There is a difference. And there are some shows that as soon as you hear about them you know they're doomed. Alien Nation. Space: Above and Beyond. VR5. Sliders. Crusade. And Brismtone.

Another one that I never heard any more of, which leads me to assume it's no more: Profiler. Not SF I know, but what happened to it?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Profiler is on for another season, but that blonde lady wants out, so I guess she's going to be replaced, or something.

------------------
"Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crusade could've been very good, and Sliders is in its fifth season, I think.

------------------
Frank's Home Page - free pencil with every visit!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sliders is dead, and Crusade... well... I can't see how anybody expected it to be as great as they say it could have been.

------------------
"Well, I guess we're an Ovaltine family."
"MORE OVALTINE PLEASE!"
-American Radio Ads... *gag*... one more reason I'm glad to be above the 49th.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The final episode was done very well, and B5 got better as the seasons progressed; Crusade probably would have done the same.

------------------
Frank's Home Page - free pencil with every visit!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you could keep TNT from interfering, crusade would have done very well. Alien Nation was a pretty good show, but Space Above and Beyond was pretty lame.

Never saw Brimstone.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited September 08, 1999).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Blonde Lady" is Ally Walker, who normally I would consider a great actress. My gf loves her (so by extension, I do too.)

However, the show is as good as dead, now that she's departing (did she choose to go, or is she fired, we weren't sure?). What's a show without the star? "Valerie's Family: The Hogans." Bleah.

TV guide reviewer said he hoped her replacement (some yadda from "Melrose Place", of all places!) would "introduce a little levity to a show which is sometimes dark and dreary."

SOMETIMES DREARY??!?!? It's a show about frickin' SERIAL KILLERS, for Krissake! It's SUPPOSED to be dark! It's NOT supposed to have "levity!"

RRR...

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps