Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "Inferno" [Spoilers]

Author Topic: SGA "Inferno" [Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... WOW. Not a bad twist on the "here's some more Ancient tech" episode.

-It's an Aurora-class ship. An intact version, if rather damaged. interesting to note its size scale from the (intact) bridge module, visible at the front. It's named "Hippatharalcus" or somesuch, after a Lantean general. They DON'T rename it Enterprise - it's eventually renamed Orion. And the brisge - it's HUGE!

-Who's more jealous, Shep or McKay? Also, Brandy Ledford, who played Noreena (formerly of of Andromeda), was a noticeably hot but short-lived Goa'uld last year. If only she were given more than a "look hot between Shep and McKay" role.

-Nice epic feel to the VFX this episode, with great shots of the Caldera and the stargate eventually falling into the eruption.

-It takes 12 hours for the Daedalus to make the return trip between Terana and Atlantis. Unfortunately, that's not nearly enough time for the four trips needed to evacuate everyone on the Daelalus (which is large enough to house everyone, but doesn't have enough life support to keep them alive during the trip), so we fall back to fixing the Orion. Nice power play with Sheppard exeacerbating the situation to freak McKay out, thus triggering his usual brilliance. They're getting to know each other pretty well.

-I like the subplot with Teyla and Ronon this time - being given an important role for the first time in a while. Shades of Pompeii here as the ash falls and begins choking people...

-Our ultimate result is that most everyone survives, and the expedition is plus one Lantean warship. No word on its speed though, since Aurora was pretty slow. Will it be back to Atlantis in time? At least the locals have agreed to let them use it in exchange for their help relocating.

-Reset the impending doom clock! A single Wraith hive ship is on its way. Three weeks - or rather, one episode away! But between "The Tower" and the supply of drones found on the Orion, they have Atlantis pretty well defended, at least for one ship. So we wait...

Mark

[ January 25, 2006, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship's name had an 'f' sound, not a "th". And McKay said he was an Ancient general. He wasn't necessarily from Atlantis.

Maybe it's just me, but Sheppard and McKay's fawning over Hot Chick of the Week seemed a bit overdone. I mean, there have been a lot of Hot Chicks of the Week (some arguably Hotter), and they've never acted quite so... gaga. Or was I imagining things?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Shep was just overacting around her to get McKay's jealousy worked up to get him to work faster...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps