Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG-1: "Off the Grid" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SG-1: "Off the Grid" ($$$)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something else to consider: wouldn't all of these gates have different point-of-origin symbols associated with them? That would probably help in determining which planets they came from.

Also, they got a report from the Tok'ra about missing gates, so presumably the Tok'ra know where some of the gates are supposed to be. But, they were surprised by the amount of gates in the hold when they got there, so they may end up with a few spares.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In dialogues, Daniel stopped counting at fifteen, and there could concievably be more of them in there too (I counted fourteen).

Each gate SHOULD have a unique point of origin symbol, plus usually one ore more symbols different from that of Earth's gate. This latter detail is usually disregarded in production (the prop or GCI gates have never been altered AFAIK, and they don't do unique POO symbols on the DHD anymore.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without any computer? Hey - yeah! How did he dial the gate? Don't forget - security like the hand print ID were added later on - to stop enemies like the Ree-tu from just coming and going.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fandom and some writers think that Poppy had a "quick return" device of non-Goa'uld design (possibly Ancient) which would retun him to whatever gate he just came from. The address should be stored in the computer, the gate itself, or could be pre-programmed. The Nox and a future Earth have been shown to have this technology (which also dispenses with the "kawoosh", thus also explaining why Apophis can activate the gate without apparently having to get out of the way), so Apophis having some sort of portable DHD device that can do this is hardly farfetched.

Mark

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just had a thought of a plot issue: When Baal's ship was blown up, was Baal himself killed? (The original, that is?) Baal is my favorite Goa'uld, but I'm not sure I can think of a way to have him escape. And it seemed as if the "original" Baal was on that ship... didn't we see him flash his eyes at one point? Oh, and we heard him talking with the trademark Deep Goa'uld Voice�... could that be something that the clones would be able to do?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it depends upon whether he merely cloned his human host, or somehow cloned himself, too.

Of course, the eye-flashing and voice could probably be faked. But Fatty McRomangod (can't be bothered to look up his name) probably would have been able to tell if he was near a real Goa'uld or not.

Ra
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every one of his clones that were killed had glowing eyes and the voice so all of them did and maybe he is in season 10 we will find out mid year
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, thank you so much. Now I'm going to have a Boney M song in my head all bloody day. Oh, those Russians. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

But the guy who plays Baal is from South Africa...

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps