Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lost: "The Whole Truth" + "Lockdown" $

Author Topic: Lost: "The Whole Truth" + "Lockdown" $
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Threads I start never seem to go anywhere, but no one else took up the mantle. Why was that, I asked myself, as I struggled to think of something to say. (See, because: the answer lies in the question!)

But, OK, regarding last week: Henry Gale. Oh, Henry Gale. "Here's my master plan, if I had a master plan, which I certainly don't." At this point, what I think would be neat is if he isn't currently an Other, but goes over to their side after all this, because, well, why shouldn't he?

Temper problems aside, isn't Jin right about people hanging out alone in locations they were nearly abducted from?

Charlie really seems to enjoy hanging out with someone less popular than himself. The gun handover fakeout? Classic. (The question is, did he ask Sawyer for that pistol, or did he take it for himself during the original theft?)

And how great is Daniel Dae Kim in a role where most of the audience has no idea what he's saying half the time?

I guess I do not have much to say about Sun and Jin, beyond them being awesome, and noting how coy the show was about whether or not Sun had an affair. I like Jin deciding to believe her, in the end.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, OK, regarding this week : How dense is Locke? He knew all along that he could easily crawl out through the vent in the pantry, but he instead let his prisoner out ("Who are you?" "I'm Henry Gale." "Okay, that's good enough for me, all of a sudden."), then got himself stuck under a giant door. I realize it was all to make the plot more interesting, but making an otherwise intelligent character suddenly start doing stupid things for no reason is not a good way to do that.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good question. Of course, I thought that, with the hallways sealed off, it would be reasonable to assume that the vents were sealed as well, and Locke did need help opening the door. But in that case he should have checked the ventilation shaft first, you'd think. (One reason, good or not you decide, for letting Gale out to help with the door is to have it opened and the problem hopefully solved before Jack comes back.)

Meanwhile: "When I need the guns, I'll get the guns." OH MAN.

Also, poor Locke. And how many jobs has he had, anyway?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

A fuzzy image of the hidden diagram.

Less fuzzy.

And with some attempts at decoding it.

So, just how much time was this door down in the past, for someone to sketch out all this on it?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Man, look at that highlighted/annotated version of the image now. Cerberus? Dharmatel intranet?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, 'lockdown and restocking procedures', which sounds like what we saw in this episode. Possibly the Dharma 'subjects' are not allowed to interact or be 'influenced' by the supply planes?

And the Henry Gale thing.. I suspect even the 'real' Henry Gale they found in the grave must've been planted there, because the whole Minnesota/balloon/Oz link is too damn cute.

So, err.. I'm slowly losing any grip I had on this series (not least because of the insanely irregular airing schedule) , but I assume the lone Australian dude might have drawn up that diagram.

Interesting thing about the medical station being abandoned in 1985.. didn't we see it in operation when Claire spent some time there?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's where they kept Claire. But, considering that it was abandoned again after that, it may very well have been out of use for twenty years.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

It's still possible that the station was abandoned by DHARMA and then occupied by the Others.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps