Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Longest-Running Regulars in Sci-Fi? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Longest-Running Regulars in Sci-Fi?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh thanks.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
...and the Buck Rogers people (man, how did you know that?) for radio.

Lucky (but educated) guess, really. I'd actually thought of early sci-fi serials at first, and then the Wikipedia entry for Buck Rogers led me to that.

B.J.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's about Richard Belzer's Detective John Munch? Seven years on "Homicide: Life on the Street", then seven years as Munch on "Law and Order: Special Victim's Unit", and I mention him here because of a guest appearance on "The X-Files" as ... ready for it? ... Detective John Munch ("Unusual Suspects"), in the flashback episode that revealed Mulder's relationship with that geeky trio.

(He also appeared as John Munch in "Arrested Development", Law and Order, L&O: Trial by Jury, and The Beat, if memory serves)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Lost In Space folks?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's an interesting point about Richard Belzer. I wonder who has the record for playing the same character on the greatest number of different shows?

And, to answer my own question... According to his information on the IMDb, he tied with John Ratzenberger and George Wendt by playing the same character in six different prime-time shows. Except that must have been before he was on "Arrested Development".

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just barely remember him showing up on the X-Files. Does the same company own X-Files and L&O? I'm not sure how they worked that with getting rights for a character from one network to appear another network's show...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My head hurts.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Last time I saw that site, the chart was only available as an Excel file.

It's an interesting idea, but they've clearly taken it way too far. Claiming that "Firefly" and "Battlestar Galactica" are in the same universe because the Firefly model showed up in the background of a BG space shot is just silly. Same for claiming that "The John Laroquette Show" is part of the Star Trek universe because they both used the name "Yoyodyne" at some point.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That chart is a abit of a stretch... can someone modify it to reflect true crossovers?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't looked too deeply into the page - basically read the first page of 'rules'... but how do they reconcile something like Ally McBeal and The Practice - they had a nice lot of cross overs but then there was that ONE episode that threw everything out of whack when someone on Ally McBeal was watching an episode of The Practice!! LOL! - I think Ally or Renee were watching the episode with the head in bag.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK some of that is full of shit - they link Party of Five with the X-Files - I think I know where - there was an episode in a later season that panned over two graves that had the names of the parents that died in the show. Can anyone remember the episode? It might not have been even the X-Files! [Smile]

edit: The Salingers. That is the link they use.

How does the John Larroquette Show link to Trek!?! That's just crazy.

I think they also forgot that an episode of the Nanny onenight involved a cross-over with three other shows across three networks I think. Something involved Elizabeth Taylor's pearls.

There is a possible shakey Twin Peaks/X-Files connection... if you are willing to believe that Mulder originally had a different name and often cross-dressed! [Smile]

Don S. Davis (General Hammond) didn't appear as the same CHARACTER - but similar military types in X-Files (Scully's Father), SG1 - Hammond and Twin Peaks Bobby Briggs' father.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I think they also forgot that an episode of the Nanny onenight involved a cross-over with three other shows across three networks I think. Something involved Elizabeth Taylor's pearls."

No, they didn't. Read the list of crossovers.

"...but how do they reconcile something like Ally McBeal and The Practice - they had a nice lot of cross overs but then there was that ONE episode that threw everything out of whack when someone on Ally McBeal was watching an episode of The Practice!!"

Well, if their claim is that all of the shows are part of a huge dream, anyway, I guess anything can happen.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps