Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GETS A SPIN-OFF PREQUEL (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GETS A SPIN-OFF PREQUEL
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bzzzt. No, but why Caprica? It's all the shit I hate about that show now without all those cool space battles and unrelenting apocalypse machines marching around ventilating their human oppressors. Now they can really focus on people not communicating and being really shitty to one another such that the terror--ahem--cylons feel completely vindicated in their nefarious plans. Wee! Of course I was pretty skeptical about Angel at first, and I wound up liking that quite a bit.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not make the prequel about the cyclon-human war? Why about two families? Is there a feud between the two? This seems kinda Dune-ish.
Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have the good news, and the bad news...

The good news is that my local film industry gets more work - and you will all be treated to views of the world's most beautiful city (Vancouver, BC) - as well as Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia. (Used for most of Caprica in the pilot (you also saw much the same buildings in various Stargate SG1 and Atlantis episodes).

The bad news is that - in my opinion - the creation of a prequel signals the beginning of desperation on the part of the writers and producers; they're running out of fresh ideas (not that that has stopped most television sf these days).

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know you were in Vancouver. Cool. Mind if I come up to visit sometime? It's a daunting enough city that I've never really felt comfortable exploring, and actually knowing someone who lives there would definitely help.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, that says a lot.

Well, with the lack of ideas they feel they need to do something, prequels.

It is so much easier to do that than to come up with something original.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...I just dont understand how they can be out of ideas so soon!

Have they already used up all the original series' plotlines?
I'm waiting for Count Iblis to show up- by the standards of the current BSG, he could be a human on one of the other ships that starts making trouble, and they could lean towards either cylon connections (a hybrid?) or whatever, without doing the whole "devil" stuff of the OS.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps