Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men 3 The Last Stand $ warning $ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Men 3 The Last Stand $ warning $
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... Rachel Summers... leather and spikes.

OK, just finally saw this last night and feel highly disappointed.

Killing Scott felt like "Ok, he has to be in the movie, but we really hate James Marsden, so let's kill his butt off quick".

No Phoenix Effect, especially during the Wolverine flesh-peeling sequence, made Aban mad. I kept whispering, "Light her up... light her the heck up"

I didn't like the brevity with which Mystique's abandonment or Magneto's powerless surrender was dealt. Both should have been much more complex, though I did like seeing Rebecca in the flesh. Nice.

Kitty was cool, and the casting didn't bother me too much. Was she the same chick who played her for two seconds in the last one?

Peter's Russian. This guy was not. I dug it, though, when Peter slapped his hand on Rouge's head and Colosofied her for a second in the Danger Room. That was neat.

The Sentinel did NOT look cool.

I loved seeing Angel, but it felt like the only reason to have in the story was to introduce the Worthington's. And for some reason, the guy's body position while he was flying didn't look that cool.

OK... I didn't stay until the end of the credits, but I think I'm going to make that my blanket policy from now on. What happened?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh that was Rogue... I wondered if that was one of Colossus's powers to make other things metal... but that was Rogue sucking the powers from him.

So what can rogue actually do in a fighting situation!?!

It'd be funny if they used her to incapacitate Jean Grey of her full on powers!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movies, it doesn't seem like Rouge could do much as an offensive player. She's probably be held in reserve to perform a function like Beast did with Magneto: to incapacitate a key player making him vulnerable to attack.

In the comics, Rougue has permantly absorbed the powers of Ms. Marvel (I believe) and is a nigh-indestructible tank that can fly and generally kick lots of butt. At least she was last time I read.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't stay either - unless it was the bit with Magneto moving the chess piece. Which seemed obvious.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. It was after the credits, and nothing to do with Magneto.

A buddy of mine did, however, predict what would happen.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-men_3

The answer to what happened after the credits is here at the end of the plot synopsis.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps