Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DW: "Army of Ghosts" [$$$]

Author Topic: DW: "Army of Ghosts" [$$$]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, no thread yet? Hurry up and download it, you fools! Fantastic ep. More than made up for some of this series - er, season's low points.

So, in a nutshell, the Cybermen from the Lumicverse, facing defeat, exploited a flaw in ver fabric of space to intrude into our universe, initially as ghosts but then corporeally (although I'm a bit in the dark about how the ones lurking in among all the polythene got there). When they do, we get a black handled Cyber-Leader too!

The flaw is being caused by a Voidship. So now we know how there can be other surviving Timelords. But this particular Sphere (Michael Crichton's lawyers on line one!) contains - well, there could really only ever be one thing that was in there. . . And one of them is a Black one!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...these are the new "Iron Man" version Cybermen?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, from "Age of Steel/Rise of the Cybermen." They now have handy litle wrist-guns that fire silly little energy bolts, plib-plib-plib. It reminds me of the rather small unimpressive energy bolts the Hirogen BFGs produced.

--------------------

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the plus side though, I think they might have done something to the Cybermen voice effect because they're a lot easier to understand now. I thought they were very hard to make out when they first appeared. It hardly makes for a threatening villain when you can barely make out what they're saying because of the electronic effects on their voices.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Troughton ep "Tomb of the Cybermen" was eventually found & broadcast, the Cybermen from that episode also had really-hard-to-understand electronic voices. By the Baker ep "Revenge of the Cybermen," they were easier to understand.
FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the light-up mouth feature, so you can tell which Cyberman is currently talking. Saves the actors in the metal suits having to indulge in all that Shatner-esque movement past Cybermen actors had to use to indicate to the viewer which one was speaking at any particular point. That said I still want at least one drawn out "Excellent" from the Cyberleader, as a tip of the hat to Cyberleaders of years gone by. [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty Burns: Cyberleader.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

"Release the Cyberhounds!"

Actually, now I think about it, that would be kinda cool.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

I want one of those cyberdogs from Snow Crash.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellhounds from the Dark Nebula.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
better than cybermats

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic. Loved it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps