Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » DW: "Doomsday" (Series Finale) ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DW: "Doomsday" (Series Finale) ($$$)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The TARDIS didn't go through to the mirror universe, so why would it have any voidstuff anyway(ignoring the earlier episode this series when it went there)?"

What do you mean, "ignoring the earlier episode"? That's like saying "Why should the Daleks have been sucked in? They didn't pass through the void (ignoring the part earlier in the episode when they did)."

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't say "earlier in the episode", I said "earlier in the series".

I was thinking of the episode earlier in the series when the TARDIS first ended up in the alternate universe, but now I think about it, I'm not so sure it passed through the void to get there. And there's nothing to say that the voidstuff would still be stuck on it all this time later.

That's the only occasion where I can remember the TARDIS being in the position to get voidstuff stuck all over it, since it didn't go through dimensions in the two part finale.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not following. You can't ignore earlier episodes any more than you can ignore earlier parts of this episode. It doesn't matter what episode the TARDIS went through the interdimensional void.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Johnny said was right, but garbled. In fact, the TARDIS DID go through to the Lumicverse - but in the aforementioned episode earlier in the series. The difference is, it didn't get there via the Void, so has no Voidstuff, so won't get sucked in. And the only reason the Doctor has Voidstuff is because he gets taken through it to Pete's universe in this ep. The big plothole is that at no point does Rose go through the Void (until the end of this episode). . . Unless she did so to get to the Lumicverse in "Age of Steel," which means the TARDIS did too, in which case it should have Voidstuff! It's a circular argument!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Lee said.

I'm terrible at explaining things.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it did go through void which I believe the Doctor says is what lies between alternate dimensions or at least the nothingness - then the fact that they were IN an alternate dimension means that they passed through voidstuff. The Doctor also said that the Timelords used to do it all the time... maybe he should be swimming in it - or maybe he hasn't before.

ALTERNATIVELY - if you just pass once or twice - it's not too bad - the Daleks and the Cybermen were in there for god-knows how long (were the cybermen half through when they were the 'ghosts'?) compared to the Doctor and Rose and Pete's gang so were sucked in more readily.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps