Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lightsabre Prop Oddities

Author Topic: Lightsabre Prop Oddities
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies and gents, take a look at this link from the official Wars site:
http://www.starwars.com/snapshot/2000/11/index5a.html

Take a gander at the double bladed sabre on the back side of the rack all the way to the right. It's Maul's sabre since it's got two emitters. But look how short the hilt is overall. It's about half the size it should be. What up wit dat?

Also of interest, there are props on that rack of both of the lightsabres that have been attributed to Mace Windu. Interesting methinks.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the sabre is short cause if i recall correctly when Maul turns it on it expands , that way it can be easily concealed.

Just My Opinion

As for why Mace Windu's Sabre is there ... Well was this a picture of the new SW 2 Set or EP 1 ?

If this was from the Episode 1 Set then there are probley some cut scences out there of mace windu , Knowing Lucas he will probley make a short video of them and then sell them for $1.95 at Taco Bell with the purchase of a number 2 taco Grande Meal :-)

------------------
Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the fourth, fifth and sixth sabres from left to right (hidden behind the third) are the "real" Mace Windu-sabres!!
The three sabres next to Maul's on the back row are said to be the sabre of Windu (According to the SW: Illustrator's edition), but those sabres are built from spare parts from Maul's sabre.
It's hard to see, but if you take a look at my sabre-picture you can see that Maul's sabre and Windu's are quite alike.
http://frankg.dgne.com/swimg/allsab.jpg

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited June 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited June 09, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe their long lost brothers?

------------------
Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, it's obvious that the one Windu sabre is made from mostly the same parts as Maul's. My question is, why were both props made. Why didn't they just pick one for Mace and leave it at that? From what i understand, the one that doesn't look like Maul's was used in some of the earlier promo pics of Windu. The Maul-esque one came along later.

And no, Maul's sabre doesn't expand. It's got buttons all down the hilt. There's no room for it to expand. Plus there are shots where Maul is wearing the unignited saber and it is clearly full length.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the "Anakin Skywalker, SW IV" saber? I don't recall ANH ever showing Anakin as anything other than Vader.

------------------
"I know the whole bible! The New and Used Testaments!"
-Thurgood Stubbs, The PJs

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that refers to the saber that Obi-Wan gave to Luke.

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"Trekkies like to claim that Star Trek is 'hard science fiction'...in some extreme cases, they even go so far as to claim that it's all technologically feasible! Do they say this because they've analyzed the events of Star Trek for scientific accuracy? Not a chance - most of them don't know a coulomb from a joule, or the difference between Young's Modulus and Dave's burger special." - Mike Wong

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Luke's sabre in ANH is Anakin's former sabre. The descriptions refer to the creator, in this case not the "user".

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited June 12, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps