Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Homeworlds (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Homeworlds
Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings from the great Imperial pilot, Baron Fel.

My questions is this:

What are the homeworlds of Capatin Gilad Pellaeon and General Turr Phennir?

I've checked around a couple sites, the novels, and the comics but I haven't been able to find them.

------------------

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Essential Guide to Characters says he's from Corellia, but I don't know where they're getting that from...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Gandalf DIES in the mines of Moria, but will later be RESURRECTED in GLORIFIED form having triumphed over EVIL, an obvious literary ALLUSION to that movie where the guy comes back as a DOG." - The Fellowship of the Ring

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably from WEG, I personally don't put so strict "Canon"guidelines on Star Wars, for me, pretty much anything goes

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited July 31, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking with my best friend, a huge SW fan, Pellaeon is from Coruscant (he believes) and Phennir might be from Corellia.

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

Psicorp
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of homeworlds, from which planet did humans in SW as a whole originate from? I don't believe this issue was ever dealt with.
IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm in the process of reading the chronology, and it mentions "lost human colony worlds". No light into where they come from, though.

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."
-The Gospel of Jesus, Stigmata

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't they the lost 13th colony?

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

We sent colonies out that long ago? Wow. And we thought it was bad when the Greco-Roman culture was lost. We had spaceflight millions of years ago!

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A stupid question from a newbie, but here comes:

Has any of the SW movies so far established that Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Ben Kenobi or Lando Carlissian are considered "humans"?

Han obviously is a Corellian, but that need not be his species. The others are indeterminate. And in TPM, the writers obviously go the great lengths to avoid saying the word "human" - it's always just "your species" in that movie. Other movies seem to skirt the issue altogether. I couldn't vouch for the extended universe, though.

So, is there such a thing as "the human race" in the SW galaxy?

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, apparently all empire-staff on all Star destroyers come from the same species. But that red-eyed freak Thrawn, what is he?

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

How dare you call the greatest military genious a freak?!

Thrawn is a Chiss.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is generally accepted that when they look like humans, they are humans. I'm not sure, but I think the Human homeworld has never been mentioned and Coruscant, Corellia, etc, etc are not the homeworlds. Its sort of like how people from America are called Americans, although they might come from Ireland, or Germany, or Russia, or South Africa, etc. So people who live on Corellia are called Corellians but that does not mean that they originate from there.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, let's see. We have Correllians, Coruscantians, Alderaanians, Tatooines, what else?

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naboo.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Nabooians. Nubians...?

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps