Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » The Complete Phantom Menace Soundtrack

Author Topic: The Complete Phantom Menace Soundtrack
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I just picked up the COMPLETE Phantom Menace Soundtrack. Its a DOOZY! I LOVE it... I originally got the first 1 cd soundtrack that came out around the time the movie came out - I was dissappointed since there was a whole lot of the movie score that just didn't show up on the CD. The way the spliced the tracks together on the original soundtrack just really irked me too. So much so, it spoiled listening to it. The complete soundtrack remedies this. It is a complete delight and have been playing lots. Its all silvery with picture discs a digipak and a lovely glossy booklet. It was the same price as any double CD. It was WELL worth it!

Andrew

P.S. It comes with a "Duel of the Fates" with the effects and words as a bonus track.

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The track editing in this is, well, quite awful.

It's an 'Ultimate' edition insofar that it has more music from the score than usual, but it was not at all engineered nor produced by Williams, so we're left with retarded jump cuts, and abrupt changes, like the movie, except we don't have the SFX to cover the cuts.

No thanks, I think I'll keep my original release, up until the time where Williams releases a new special version in like 10 years, where he has edited the tracks into suite editions.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuckin' money grubbers.

You know, its starting to piss me off. They release the SW Trilogy "for the last time in its original format," (THX release), and people bought it -- they release it in Special Edition, and people bought it. Now they re-release it, with info on Episode II, and people buy it again.

And they're doing the same shit with the soundtracks too? God damn!

Speaking of which, I need to start getting rid of some of my SW videos ... I've got the THX boxed set on VHS, the SE on VHS in both widescreen and pan and scan on VHS (and again in widescreen on laserdisc), and a copy of the THX ANH on LD ...

Dammit. Oh, well ... off to eBay. Maybe I'll sell some of my action figures too

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Come the millennium, month 12,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader
--Nostradamus, 1555 (Allegedly)
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, wait til the DVD's come out!

Regular, Special Edition, Super Special Edition, Super Duper Special Edition, etc... oh and then the Widescreen version of each of those too. :p

------------------
Three important questions to ask an alien before having sex:
(1) Are you carrying any diseases which might be communicable to humans?
(2) Have you had sex with any high-risk partners in the past six months?
(3) Which one is your mouth?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way. I'm stickin' with my laserdiscs.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm stickin' with BETA and 8-Track!
Go antiquated technology!

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey, whats wrong with laserdisc?

The only reason I upgraded to a CD player in my Jeep is because the tape deck got stolen.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can somebody please tell me that with all these releases and re-releases why the **** George Lucas still has NOT released any Star Wars on DVD???

------------------
"We survived."
"Yeah, it was some battle."
"I meant high school."

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

He's waiting until he can release Eps I - VI TOGETHER on DVD.

ANOTHER reason not to wait for 'em.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
-Anonymous (Happy now?)

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That and he's wanting to pretend he doesn't want to cash in on it if he re-released them with all the eps done. Too bad he keeps doing it on VHS though.

------------------
Three important questions to ask an alien before having sex:
(1) Are you carrying any diseases which might be communicable to humans?
(2) Have you had sex with any high-risk partners in the past six months?
(3) Which one is your mouth?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's got some secret deal with the vhs industry its also stopping us from having cheap recordable dvds...

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be left waiting until Episode IX... Too bad we'll all be dead by then, and VDV will have stepped in and squeezed the market and colonies will have been established on Mars, which is where part of the shooting-locations will be set, supervised by Morris Spielberg-Lucas III.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Teelie
Member # 280

Nah, it'll be ZVZ by that time...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps