Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » How does the "Glowpoint" work in the Corellian Trilogy? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How does the "Glowpoint" work in the Corellian Trilogy?
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, im a newbie to this forum, but i know alot about Star Wars. Im a Star Wars fanatic. anyways, i was wondering how the "Glowpoint" featured in the Corellian Trilogy work? i heard it was a miniature star. but it can't be, because a star that big wouldn't put out enough energy to power the repulsor. If the sun where as big as you (mass and size) you would but out more warmth that it would.

------------------
he who laughs last....thinks slowest

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that it works because it is a micro-star of sorts. It could be a whitedwarf star or something along those lines although much smaller. Since there are micro-blackholes or singilarities out there in space there could also be micro-stars.

If you like the Glowpoint in the Corellian trilogy read up on it in the Agents of Chaos Duology which is part of the New Jedi Order

------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buh?

Stars work, by the way, thanks to the intense pressures in their core. You don't get those pressures in a collection of hydrogen small enough to share the couch.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i like those Agents of Chaos books, a mini star is a good idea, and the people who made Centerpoint are technologically advanced aliens, but if they were so smart, where the hell are they now?

------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

And how long do i have to wait till i get something other than "new member" status?

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several Posts. Maybe 20 I think.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five. After that, you're a Junior Member until fifty. Then you're a Member until 250. After that, you're a Senior Member, and can make your status line say anything you like (within reason).

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(and up to 30 characters in length)

Those aliens may have been advanced, but there are so many possibilities, most likely involving the Sith that could explain their disappearence.

I haven't read that Trilogy yet, but I've read everything related to Thrawn, the NJO, X-Wing, Academy, and most of the modern stuff.

Ewoks: The other white meat.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, be sure to remind everyone that it's 30 characters, Mr. 41-Character man.

------------------
"This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days?"
-Sol System on what constitutes modern day Star Trek watching, 02-22-01

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was 30... hmm it's longer then I guess. I know at another board with the hack it's only 30.
Teelie
Member # 280

I just looked at my profile info and I was right.

quote:
Special Statusline
As a Senior Member, you may modify your status line. Keep it clean, please. 30 characters, maximum.

So what gives?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically it's 48 characters, I think the blank spaces count...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO!!! I've condemned myself to the nether hells!!! This must be remidied!!!!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Nim
Member # 205

There we are. Good as diabetes!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Teelie
Member # 280

Umm what?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps