Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » I've always wondered...

Author Topic: I've always wondered...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In ANH, when Han and Luke destroys the pursuing TIE-Fighters from the Millenium Falcon, what turrets do they occupy?
I've never quite figured it out, and the schematics and cutaways from the Illustrated Encyclopedia doesn't explain it to me...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laser turrets, silly.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT GOES WITHOUT FUCKING SAYING, GESCHEFTSTURNIP!!!!

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They occupy turrets that are near the center of the ship that form a tube, so there's one turret on the top of the ship, and one directly below connected by a tube. So "technically", while inside the turret, there is a change in "artificial gravity" so that while it looks like luke and han are sitting upright, one's actually supposed to be facing "up" and one facing "down" with their backs to one another

------------------
"You put the geeks on the left and the stalkers on the right and you run for daylight up the middle"
- William Shatner, discussing a Star Trek Convention on EW-

Nim
Member # 205

Aah, but the TIEs fly by with the solarpanels facing them, which would mean that they approached the falcon whilst flying "sideways". Not logical.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when has star wars been logical.

------------------
"You put the geeks on the left and the stalkers on the right and you run for daylight up the middle"

Nim
Member # 205

Well touch�. But what sources do you have? I'm interested...

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, it should be Gescheitturnip. Or Dolph Lundgren, at least.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Nim
Member # 205

HEY! Don't you be dissin' Rolf! I grew up a block from where he did, in Sp�nga, Stockholm. HAHAAA! DAB�!!! Oh, and Schei�eTurnip it is.

But you haven't lured me far enough off-topic, you rogue! I still want to hear the facts from our man Vanguard.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

I've heard it from various sources, but if you look at the movie, you can see them actually climb up the tube but suddenly be sitting up right facing "up"

anyways, if your still not convinced, check here http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/turret.htm

its got a couple of broken pictures, but you can get the gist of what they're showing. These guys have apparently really gone into great lengths taking all sorts of Millenium Falcon books, sourcebooks, blue prints, etc. from 1977 onwards.

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Great! Just what I wanted to find!
Now, you see, I will babble on randomly and think that this thread will go on for-EVAAAAAAH!

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm, there are no turrets on the sides of the Millenium Falcon. Those are escape pods.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Nim
Member # 205

Yes, we all agree on that now.

------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are NOT escape pods. That is one of the more painful fallacies perpetuated by various parties. Those are cargo loading/docking ports. The escape pods probably LAUNCH from there, but those protrusions themselves are not said pods.

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps