Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Nature of the Sabre - A Show of Force? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nature of the Sabre - A Show of Force?
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much fun watchin watching a movie if you already fown out the entire plot line

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the outlines have been known since the eighties, when the books about the time before ANH were written. Or whenever it was. But they've managed to sneak in a lot of other elements that makes it richer, like the mandalorian supercommandos and such.

Think of it as movies about the roman empire or catastrophes. There are lots of predictable movies, that just makes the challenge greater, to make it interesting still.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it would've been better to do a movie about the events after ROTJ, like one based on The Courtship of princess leia. or the thrawn trilogy, that woulda been a sweet movie.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the issue of midichloriens, as far as I remember, Qui-Gonn clearly said that they allow people to touch, or interact with, the Force. I agree that they can't be bottled up etc., but this would be because they're part of the cell. I've always thought of midichloriens as being like mitochondria in the cell.

Mitochondria are small 'organelles', or components, of the cell. They contain their own genetic material, as distinct from that in the nucleus, and are responsible for metabolism of sugars to produce energy. There are a few theories of how mitochondria appeared in animal cells, one of which is that they were themselves one-celled creatures that somehow migrated into animal cells, taking on a symbiotic role.

I could imagine the same sort of thing happening with midichloriens, though that would mean all animals would have some degree of contact with the force.

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, although noncanon, in the game "Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith" there's a kind of wolf-cougar creature that is force sensitive, ie it can sniff your power and kill you with one bite if it's lucky.
It's also immune to force powers, so crushing, pushing or blinding it is out, you have to rely on your trusty sabre. And it can make uncanny leaps, so a lot of sidestepping is in order...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

Well, although noncanon, in the game "Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith" there's a kind of wolf-cougar creature that is force sensitive, ie it can sniff your power and kill you with one bite if it's lucky.
It's also immune to force powers, so crushing, pushing or blinding it is out, you have to rely on your trusty sabre. And it can make uncanny leaps, so a lot of sidestepping is in order...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taken from one of those Timothy Zahn novels.

But the real reason I'm posting is to ask this: Can you catch Jedi from toilet seats?

Da_bang80
Member # 528

You ever read the Thrawn Trilogy? They're called Vornskr's (not sure on spelling) they eat Ysalaliri. (they repulse the force from thier bodies to hide from the Vornskr's. Talon Kardde had two pet Vornskr's. (he had thier tails removed to make them more docile)

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps