Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » How many of you like those lego podracers?

Author Topic: How many of you like those lego podracers?
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personnally like them. One of the reasons is because I lucked out and found the Mos Espa Podrace set for 35 dollars! However, Watto's Junkyard (I also refer to it as Mos Espa Podrace expansion pack. ) was a bit disappointing. It had Mawhonic's pod and Aldar Beedo's pod.

Aldar's is fairly good although I'm gonna have to make a few modifcations to make it look better, but Mawhonic's was absolute garbage. If lego was gonna do such a half-assed job with Mawhonic's pod, they shouldn't have done it at all. I'm gonna have to give it a full body refit in order to make it look half way decent. Even then, I don't know how I'm gonna fix the secondary engines for Mawhonic's pod sense I don't think any lego turbofan parts exist. I'm hoping that next year, Lego will release another podracing set. Maybe with something resembling a stadium where on lookers can watch the debris and podracer pilots fly! LOL.

Lego said that the reason why they did so few Star Wars sets for 2001 is because they want to make 2002 the best year for star wars lego sets ever. hehe. I think it's because they ran out of material, but, hey, whatever excuse works for them. LOL. I am willing to take a guess as to which pods they will release for 2002. The only reason why they even released Mawhonic's and Aldar's pod, that I can think of, is because they have direct ties to Sebulba. Mawhonic was the very first one to crash in the Mos Espa podrace thanks to Sebulba and Aldar is in the race soley to assasinate Sebulba. If this is the case, and Lego is only releasing those who had ties to our major charactors in the movie, assuming Lego releases 3 more pods, I think that they are gonna be the following:

Wan Sandage: He was the dude that hired Aldar to kill Sebulba so he would have a better chance at winning the Mos Espa podrace.

Elan Mak: He's there to kill Aldar because he killed his father.

Neva Kee: No ties that I can think of, but he/she does have the most unusal pod of them all.

LOL. god. I know all this and I've never even seen the EP1!!

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't miss much not seeing "The Phantom Menace."

I actually find it stretching the imagination to think that Lego will be releasing more PodRacers -- there are a lot of other vehicles/sets to release. Personally, I'd like to see some Death Star sets -- the Trash Compactor, Tractor Beam Control, Corridor Lightsaber Fight, etc.

Any word on Lego's '02 release schedule ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

I honestly do think Lego will release at least 1 or 2 more pods in '02 before they stop. If they decided to do all 18, I wouldn't complain! Unless, of coarse, Lego does the rest of the pods as badly as they did Mawhonic's. However, I too, want to see a more original trilogy sets. I honestly think that the cantina would be a very interesting set. However I doubt that Lego would go out of their way to produce so many alien figs for just one set. Lazy bastards. A cloud city set would be good too, followed by a Hoth base set.

[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aren't you people a little old for lego? even if it is star wars.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

MIB
Ex-Member

Damn it! Every time I talk about legos, I get that question. There are millions of people who are far older than me who love legos just as much if not more than I do. LOL. However no. I don't think so anyways. What's the fun in being an adult if you can't do some of the things you enjoyed as a kid?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never struck me as being an adult, MIB

And who was wailing about "LEGO!" not "LEGOS!"

I'm an AFL: Adult Fan of Lego.

And, you know what they say: the smarter the mind, the greater the need for a simple kind of play ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i still love lego, i just don't play with them anymore. i used to make 2 foot long spaceships and a one meter square space station that i had to tape together, cause it was too heavy to stay together on it's own. i know it's nothing compared to the stuff in the legoland them parks, but im still proud of it.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

MIB
Ex-Member

Well I'm not an adult. I'm a TFL. A Teenaged fan of Lego! 2 feet long star ship? Not bad. I once made one that was about 2 1/2 feet long. I would have made it even longer, but I ran out of parts.

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
main(void) {

if ( Statement_by_Jeff == $false ) {
function Correct_Jeff;
}

Correct_Jeff() {
Adult != Smart Mind;
}

}

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: The_Evil_Lord ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MIB
Ex-Member

ummm ok. Nobody understands me!!! I don't care what you say. I enjoy legos and I always will!

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/1438/falcon2.htm

Fucking amazing.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

hmmmm. None of the pics in that link are showing up.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

I also created about 20 different starship designs, they're real small. but they were cool.
if i had enough legos, i could create a whole fleet. but i only had enough special pieces to make about 10 at a time.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Legos are great ...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps