Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode I DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Episode I DVD
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for not noticing.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the commertial goes into great detail about the deleted scenes. About 40 minutes in deleted scenes have not only been re-added, but those that were incomplete were re-filmed for dvd.
Padawan_Learner
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I most definantly will get the Episode I DVD, it's something for everyone to own in their collection. Why doesn't Lucas release the original trilogy on DVD? He probably will in a huge DVD pack, so he can earn more money. Like he does when he re-re-re-re-releases the classic trilogy on VHS. Remember he re-re-re-released (lol) the CT on VHS a couple months ago with a special Darth Vader Card and "Special look into Episode II"? *sigh*
IP: Logged
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use the Force.net Luke.

quote:
And while around 90% of the movie remains identical to the theatrical version, it appears that George can't leave the film alone. For the DVD release, he's added a full new Coruscant taxi transition sequence back into the film which is also included in the deleted scenes section. There are several other significant inclusions as well, including all new podracer introductions and a huge addition to lap two in the podrace. But don't worry, the podrace has never looked better.

quote:
George Lucas recently expressed his desire to include only substantial cut scenes to the movie, each needing to be over a minute in length. Certain ones you might have enjoyed but have been passed over, like the lightsaber shorting out or Obi-Wan emerging from the swamps. Nevertheless, there are seven great scenes that made the final cut.

quote:
All of the scenes are also included in the documentary, but you can also see them without watching the entire feature if desired

Which I assume means the movie.

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: TLE ]

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you ever come to that conclusion? LOL.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
6) Anakin's scuffle with Greedo

Ah, I was wondering about this. I had read somewhere that this was actually a pivotal scene, which shows Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan that Anakin has some pent-up anger which is not a good sign for Jedi Knights-to-be. I think it would have worked; it would have been a subtle hint, but not over-the-top.

However, George decided to cut the only scene in the movie foreshadowing that Anakin really had some problems, and that he was not that cute, lovable, innocent little boy Lucas made him out to be.

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't need a fight scene for me to know that the character has anger issues. I recognize myself when I was that age. Thankfully, I had a good parent who reached out to me at my most angriest moments.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got it on the first day, and I'll be the first to put in a review:
The second disc is great, packed with documentaries, deleted scenes, and outtakes.

The actual movie was nice seeing again, with the commentary, and the sound on the movie is great. I noticed that the Episode 1 movie is actually a special edition--although it's not called that. George Lucas went back to the film and added some new scenes and new effects...take a look. He could re-release it right now and say it was the special edition!

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Veers,

They mentioned above the re-added scenes

I bought the disc too. I didn't care a lot for the "technobabble" about the midichloreans, wish they'd cut that out. The movie's enjoyable, but I've had to go back to watch the original trilogy to get back into a 'Star Wars' flow ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. I guess I should've read the thread again after it hadn't been posted on in weeks.

--------------------
Meh

Padawan_Learner
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got the DVD, and in the words of Neo.."whoa"
IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there additional scenes actually inserted IN the movie, instead of on disc 2? Otherwise I won't buy it, my widescreen VHS version is quite sufoskient.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have reinserted scenes on the movie on disc one as well as those and others not shown on disc two. I have only gotten to just before the Pod race in the movie so I can't say how much different it is except so far I haven't seen anything remarkably new.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps