Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Ewok Movies (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ewok Movies
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, who has seen them, and what did you think? Personally I like them quite a lot. I've heard a lot of fans put them down, but I can't find much fault with them. What are the complaints?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're intensely silly. Which doesn't mean I don't have a soft spot in my heart for them, but there you are. Nostalgia makes tasteless fools of us all.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you flock of seagulls hair!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK what about the Wookie Xmas Special. I haven't seen it since it aired, but I've heard rumours that there are like 8th generation dubs around, though... I don't remember much, but I've read that it continues to be exruciating. I think M. Lucas is trying to bury that one as deep as he can.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Star Wars Christmas Special? That would be impossible. Absolutely impossible.

(Also, Lucas put a chip in my head to pre

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
transcript SWR listening station28g
intercepted SkyWalker Ranch comm signal 03/07/01 - 01.57.33 --

{//FMa9[...We have a wookie x-mas special violation in progress. Location: northwestern u s. Please advise...]//????[...termininate process immeadiately. see to it personally, commander...]//FMa9[...of course, sir...]}

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But ... the Christmas special was awesome. The first appearance of Boba Fett.

And his sister, Bona Fetta.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!! We watched the X-Mas special here at work. I don't know who got ahold of it, but the quality was awful. It consisted mostly of us fast forwarding through the untranslated, un-subtitled howling of Chewbacka's family. Then of course, there was Mark Hamill wearing women's make up...and a cardboard replica of the Millenium Falcon's bridge...

I felt compelled to watch it...but felt sort of dirty after I did.

The only thing I really liked about the Ewok movies is the idea that there are other things going on on Endor . I like the idea that this place has creatures and a history. It's like...the Empire decided to use it, but really had no idea what was there.

I still can't figure out when the Ewok movies are supposed to have taken place with relation to the original trilogy...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the Ewok movies considered canon? And if so, is the Ewok cartoon and the Droids cartoon as well?

I don't remember seeing the Ewok movies, although I do have this mental image of a really tall monster chasing children across a rope bridge.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ewok movies aren't considered with any more canonicity than any of the books or other things that aren't the 4 Star Wars movies.

I tend to accept them since they don't contradict anything else. The Christmas special I don't accept because...well...it was stupid.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

So was The Phantom Menace, though.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think in SW everything is considered canon.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike Trek, with its "what is seen on screen is canon unless we say is isn't (like the animated series)", I don't think Lucus has any real rules. The films definetly are canon, but the books are "kinda" canon (and are canon with each other), unless they are contradicted.

Really, I don't think he cares. Besides, if everything is canon, then that means that I blew up the first Death Star (while playing X-Wing), and the second (X-W: Alliance), there was another completed death star orbiting Endor that a non-descript X-Wing blew up (Star Tours), and that Luke Skywalker wore makeup, and the "man" from the Golden Girls was in the Star Wars universe. And the million other atrocities that The Holiday Special commits.

Watching it is like watching a car crash where someone gets impaled thought the stomach, has their right arm torn off, and then suffers from an exploding head. It's horrible, horrible, and makes you feel sick. Yet you can't turn away.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is this Christmas/Holiday special? Never heard anything about it.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It was a network thing that was aired around Christmas after A New Hope came out, I believe. They got Harrison, Carrie, Mark and the guy who plays Chewie to come back for this thing. It wasn't done by Lucas. Most of the origianl props and sets weren't used (which is why Luke has a completely different light saber). It's about Chewie trying to get back to his family on Kashyyk for "Light Day" or something. His family are wearing a bunch of cheap Wookie costumes, Luke looks like a cross dresser because of the terrible make-up job, and ...well, it's just plain awful.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps