Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Dazed & confused after AOTC: Need answers. (SPOILERS) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dazed & confused after AOTC: Need answers. (SPOILERS)
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't like the idea of putting everyone we can think of in the prequel trilogy.

According to Star Wars Insider, niether does Lucas. He stated that for the most part he only going to include those characters that need to be in there, with only a possibility of superfluous characters showing up.

As for the R4 discrepency, the Insider explains that the original starfighter's droid was damaged and Anakin modified an R4 droid to replace it at a junkyard he crashed into... I think it might have to do with one of the books, but in this case the EU tries to keep itself intact.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Chris StarShade
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stormtroopers are not all clones, for one thing the hyper-aging aspect of it would make them all dead by the time the original Star Wars movie comes along.

It is, how shall I say it...

"DARTH VADER WANTS YOU! FOR THE IMPERIAL ARMY!"

{plays Imperial March in background}

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there were a lot of young clones still being trained, and unborn ones as well.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, if all the troops are clones, and that means they're all like the same height and stuff, how did Luke find a suit which fit him? Then even if he did find one - wouldnt the other clone troops get suspicious of a real short one? plus those non-stormtrooper officers arent clones, so its probly could be assumed the stormtroopers arent clones either. And arnt all the imperial soldies (officers and troopers) with english accents? unlike the New Zealand accent that Jango has? or would clones not have the same accent as the DNA template?

About the R4 droid according to the cross-sections of Ep2, the story of an R4 droid built into the fighter is correct, with Anakin using an R2 dome instead of the damaged R4 one. IIRC

Buzz

[ June 15, 2002, 09:28: Message edited by: Fedaykin Supastar ]

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Accents are 100% learned. They have nothing to do w/ genetics. If you were born in Liverpool, but taken away the moment you were born and raised for twenty years in Alabama, you'd sound like Foghorn Leghorn, not the Beatles.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even if you move when you're an adult, you'll slowly lose your original accent, and begin picking up on the new one.

This happened to a friend of mine that moved to New York City. Imagine my amusement a few years later when she went from having an East Texas drawl to having a Brooklyn accent. Bizarre.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt after all those years, every stormtrooper is still a clone.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. The clones from AOTC and the next few batches created by the Kaminoans probably *do* become the first Stormtroopers. But, seeing as how cloning is probably outlawed after the Clone Wars, as the clones get older and die/are retired, they'll gradually be replaced by the familiar conscripted troops of the first Trilogy and the EU.

I mean, really, even if you look only at what we see in the actual films (for those of you who are obsessed with that and can't discern between the canons of Star Wars and Star Trek) it becomes apparent that the Stormtroopers are *not* all clones. Just think about this: Why would the Stormtroopers all be clones, and yet the Death Star gunners, AT-ST drivers, Imperial scanning crews, etc. all be regular Joes? Sure, I could maybe buy officers as being individuals trained at the Academy, (even if in AOTC all the officers were clones as well [Roll Eyes] ) but all these other grunts too?

We've all been partially right here. The Stormtroopers DID start out as clones. But they didn't STAY that way.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"even if you move when you're an adult, you'll slowly lose your original accent, and begin picking up on the new one. "

It varies quite a bit actually. Probably to do with pride about wher you come from, a desire to fit in, and other silly psychological issues. Some people seem to change accents instantly, while some hold on to them like a security blanket.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can speak to that. I lost my Irish accent within 18 months of moving to Canada as a precocious five-year old so that today it's apparently almost completely unnoticeable when I'm talking to most people. But, and this is where I'm a weird mutant, I apparently switch back to a somewhat more Irishy sound (probably making me sound like Tom Cruise in "Far and Away," unfortunately) when I'm talk to my parents and others with an accent. I certainly don't notice it, but my friends generally piss themselves laughing when they're with me at school when I'm talking to my mother on the phone. And that's why I'm an emotional wreck.

[ June 16, 2002, 22:13: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand t'be shure.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bit of an odd accent, and I can't figure out where it comes from (even my parents look at me like I'm insane).

For example, I pronounce "color" as "keller" ... so maybe it's just some fucked up DC/Baltimore varient that no one else has.

I feel identity crisis. People from the south say I have a northern accent, people from the north say I have a southern accent. Woe is me.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I feel identity crisis."

I'm not so sure Steve would enjoy that.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just worried about what Billy will do when he finds out. [Eek!]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Who's Billy?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps