Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Anakin vs. Luke (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anakin vs. Luke
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok this is your standard vs. posts. We all know that Anakin for his time the strongest Force user, not skill, just the strongest.

Now it is unfair to compare Luke's final confrontation with Vader, since not only was Vader older, in a heavy outfit but also in conflict with himself, as Luke has sensed. In their previous fight, Vader was fighting on pure strength alone with some skill as well as playing with Luke. Obviously Luke who was trained with Yoda for a bit would not last long to someone who was formally known as the "Choosen One". Now in their last fight in Return of the Jedi, Luke was now figthing with trained skill and was possibly matching hsi father's strength. Vader was constantly being on the defensive as every single offensive movbe he made, Luke easily dodged or deflected. While Vader was constantly being pushed back by Luke.

Now in his younger years, Anakin was able to push back Dooku a bit ebfore his arm was cut off. Now it appears that Luke has less skill in the lightsaber but has Force powers equaling or surpassin his father's, so if you place Luke in Anakin's place, do you think Luke for Return of the Jedi would win vs. Dooku?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not a chance

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt Luke would've been able to defeat Dooku. Dooku has been a Jedi for decades and has added Sith training to that.

One thing to remember about Ankain and Luke both...they both have the potential to become great Force users or Jedi... but, as we see them, neither of their training is complete. Had Anakin never been trained, he would've had great instincts and perhaps found out he could do som ecool stuff, but he would've never attained any level of prowess.

In Empire, Luke too had only been training for a few weeks at most, it seems. So, he had his raw talent and his training to go on. But that still wouldn't be enough to keep up with a trained Jedi and Sith lord, like Vader.

Vader, however, was older, weaker, and burdened with his injuries and body armor. Also...he wasn't trying to kill Luke. He was just trying to get him in a position where there was no choice but to join him. Had he wanted to kill Luke, my guess is that he probably could have alot sooner.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"not a chance"

Random 1. Elucidation 0.

In your face making sense! Damn you!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is very easy to slag off Luke. But he's my favourite character in Jedi (not that there's much competition).

It depends on how much you value lightsabre techique. I see it as a way of compensating for being weaker at the force. I skilled lightsabre fighter could match someone stronger, but less skilled (although Yoda is obviously FUCKING BRILLIANT at them both).

Luke never had any real lightsabre teaching. Perhaps Yoda had lost his. But he had the potential, like his father. And at the end of Jedi, his potential was unleashed by the dark side when he went mental. Right after "Your thoughts have portrayed her too", Luke went completely Joe Pesci on Vadar. I don't think he was just using his lightsabre. I think he was directing all his force energies at Vadar too. Vadar was fighting Luke's force skills and his sheer aggression. And that part where Luke is hammering down on Vadar, whacks his lightsabre away, and then continues and cuts his arm of is one of the best moments of the original trilogy.

Luke may not be fancy like Darth Maul. But the fact that he could so easily push Vadar back, onto the ground, and then cripple him shows that he really does have the potential to be incredibly strong.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't it be "Your thoughts have betrayed her too"?

I think that in terms of saber skill, Anakin would have to be better than Luke because of all the years of training, same goes for force powers. So against Dooku, Anakin would fare better, I think. However, Luke is more balanced in terms of staying away from the dark side, and this could also make a difference in a duel.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke certainly had the potential to be as skilled with a saber as Qui-Gon or Maul, though he could obviously never achieve that level of excellence considering the short period of training he received --- and that Yoda wasn't exactly in top form during those last years of his life.

[ June 04, 2002, 06:57: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in the books that take place after RotJ, we see Luke become an exceptional Force user which includes his lightsaber abilities.

I recall one story where he could levitate others (he didn't have furniture in his hut, people just sat down and he used the Force to hold them up) and even disguise his appearance by using the Force in a kind of constant mind trick.

The point is...his skills grew with time and experience.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The books also stated that Luke was the most powerful Jedi ever including his father and Yoda. In Luke's prime, he could easily defeat Dook, Maul, or even Anakin in his prime as well.

But that's in the books.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Dokoo, don't you? Dook. Snort.

And what the heck is a "choosen one"?

[ June 05, 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: Snay ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah...just in the books. And that's in his prime. I don't think he was anywhere near his prime during Empire or Jedi.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vader". And "Dooku".
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vader." And "Dooku."
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You two are both so cute ... [Smile]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. TSN and UM, sitting in a tree, C-O-R-R-E-C-T-I-N-G S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps