Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » ET is canon Star Wars? TPM$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ET is canon Star Wars? TPM$$
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, well, they do exist and they're pretty clearly seen on screen. [Smile]
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt they were put in as a joke, more likely they were used an homage to Steven Spielberg. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, they exist, but I doubt we'll ever see official names for them or a species.

--------------------
Meh

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I think the fact that they're even in the movie makes them canon. Anyone remember the Yoda costume from E.T.? [Smile]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, read page 1 again.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Oops, I didn't even see that! But it was what the whole thing made me think about. [Smile]

--------------------

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ET used the force a couple of times in the movie, like when he was building the phone. Maybe he was a jedi.

Eh, I guess not. Why didn't he just go ape-shit and chop the feds into horse meat with his lightsabre?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is called an "Easter Egg", children, like the scrapped spacepod with the griparms from "2001: A Space Odessey" lying around in Watto's backyard scrap heap.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Commander Dan
Member # 558

- posted      Profile for Commander Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember, Star Wars takes place “a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.” So, by the time of the movie (E.T.), the E.T.s would have achieved intergalactic travel. Perhaps E.T. recognized Yoda (the kid in the costume) from history. Or, perhaps he simply recognized Yoda’s species.

--------------------
“My experience with Rick Berman is, you know, he does not understand what he's doing, he does not understand science fiction.”
-- Andrew Probert

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only explanation for ET recognizing the Yoda costume would be that Lucas is an alien himself.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps