Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Auf Deutsch! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Auf Deutsch!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene where the King is torturing the Gingerbread man!?! I would guess.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Monkey", "Pigsy", and "Sandy" have to be the worst names for demons I've ever heard. No wonder they follow some kid around. Everyone in hell probably makes fun of them all day.

For the sadly uninitiated:

from monkeymania.co.uk:

quote:
The story of Monkey

The story of Monkey! is very loosely based on a 16th century Chinese book, Journey To The West by Wu Ch'eng-en, which is a collection of stories about the real-life journey of Hsuan Tsangof, a 7th-century monk.

In Wu Ch'eng-en's stories, the Monk, Tripitaka, embarks on the pilgrimage from China to India accompanied and protected by Monkey, Sandy and Pigsy, each a symbol of different types of human nature. Their task is collect Buddhist scriptures from India, and return them to China for translation. In the book the pilgrimage to India is completed, though the same can not be said of the TV series: however if the series had continued to further seasons, who knows?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd, I totally agree - nothing is more horrible than German versions of US comedy shows.

Best example "Eine schrecklich nette Familie" better known around the rest of the world as "Married with children". I hated Al Bundy before I saw an episode in England one day and noticed what our translation had made of it - butchered would be the better word.
Simpsons is kind of a mixed bag. I sometimes find the German version even better than the original. Strange. Might be because I find the original voices horrible to listen to. Just the sound of them.

Anyway, I prefer any version of Star Trek in the original to any dubbed version.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked watching Southpark dubbed in german.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:

Simpsons is kind of a mixed bag. I sometimes find the German version even better than the original. Strange. Might be because I find the original voices horrible to listen to. Just the sound of them.

When I did German lessons we used to watch the german versions of The Simpsons (not sure why). It always amused me when they switch between the dubbed voices for the speech and the original voices for the songs. [Smile]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, I once saw an anime movie that was translated into "engrish", in case no ones ever heard of it, engrish is poorly dubbed japanese (most of the time) it kinda sounds like Yoda talk, but worse. Half the time i spent laughing, although it was supposed to be a serious movie. Meh, I guess it lost a "bit" in the "translation". [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and now all of your base are belong to them...

my friend Jaffet is from Peru, he's been informing me of the shows he watched when he was a boy.. Batman was called Batman, but in dubbed versions Batman's secret identity was always 'Bruno Diaz'

Knight Rider was called 'El Auto Fantastico'.. and the A-Team was simply known as 'Los Magnificos'

God Bless America..

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the switching during songs...: The Insurrection DVD shows an interesting example: in both the English and the German version, Picard, Data and Worf are singing in English.
But on the Hungarian version they translated the song. Funny to hear Worf singing Hungarian - English-Hungarian phrasebook anyone?? [Wink] Hungarian sounds a bit like Klingon in fact!

About why they also included a Hungarian version on the DVD, don't ask me why - I haven't got a clue. It would be more fitting to have a Turkish version for the German market - as they do with the Disney DVDs.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My hovercraft is full of gagh."
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps