Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode II Soundtrack

Author Topic: Episode II Soundtrack
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have refrained from purchasing the EP II soundtrack for a while now.

Last time I got the original release soundtrack - for EP I and was disappointed that a lot of the music I enjoyed in the film wasn't included on the soundtrack. Then along came the FANTASTIC complete soundtrack (the one with the blue-foil cover in the digi-pack).

Now, I was wondering if there will be one of these babies for ATOC!?! I really want to get one if there is - but I haven't seen any evidence of one. Anyone with any info?

Thankyou

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping for an Ultimate Edition Attack of the Clones CD as well. The Episode I UE CD came out about 9 months after the film's release, so we still have some time to wait if they keep that schedule and decide to do it. It's highly likely they will.

However, you realize that some of the arangements on the Episode I CD were not identical to the ones on the UE version. Like "Duel of the Fates". It's the music video version on the UE edition, and it's intercut with other scenes in the UE edition. The original just had "Duel of the Fates" as its own instrumental.

I'm disappointed that with all of the music released for the first trilogy, they still have not released the Rebo Band song played when Chewie is dragged down to the dungeon, and while the Sail Barge is heading out to the Sarlaac Pit. [Frown]

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked having the 'clip' version of the DotF on it. And the instrumental version - is actually PART of the film score. It's part of - or one of the tracks.

Anybody notice a reappearance of DotF theme when Anakin was on the Owen's speeder off to find his mother in Attack of the Clones?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I was getting at is you don't get 'Duel' as a stand alone tarck in the Ulimate Edition. 'Duel' is intermixed with other tracks, including the space battle and the Gungan battle.

There was A LOT of Phantom Menace music reused in AotC!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Anybody notice a reappearance of DotF theme when Anakin was on the Owen's speeder off to find his mother in Attack of the Clones?

No, because I was distracted by the complete lack of any other sounds playing at all. Nor did I notice the Imperial March being played, so subtle it was.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Have you always been... such a biatch!?! [Smile]

Smart-arse.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps