Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » New books

Author Topic: New books
Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if they are going to continue the Rogue Squadron novel series?

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard anything over here in the UK, but it would be nice. I love those books, but the latest Star Wars books have included a fair amount of pilot-view stories/scenes with Jaina Solo and Gavin Darklighter against the Yuuzhan Vong. Still, it would be nice.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, I found the Rogue Squadron books to be very enjoyable. It was a nice break from all the other books that focused on Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2, and Threepio. The books would have made good sequel material IMO.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it would be nice of them to do a few books on what Rogue Squadron was doing during the Black Fleet Crisis being that we really didnt see too much of them or maybe the Admiral Daala Trilogy.

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been paying attention to the "Star Wars" novels since I was utterly pissed off by the first of their stupid new Yutzes-Bong invasion series. (Yes, I know I spelled the alien name wrong.)

Timothy Zahn's books ("Spectre of the Past" and "Vision of the Future") were the last novels published by Bantam -- it's my understanding that their contract ran out and was not renewed, and the "New Jedi Order" books have all been published by Del Rey. Therefore, I'm not sure if any more "Rogue Squadron" books could end up being published, if the old publisher has any sort of rights to the series.

(Of course, this is George Luca$'s domain, so my argument is probably questionable. [Wink] )

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bantam was rox0r
Del Ray is sux0r

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the latest novels with the Yuuzun Vong (spl) is lame, I guess they ran out of ideas. Though some of it is enjoyable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps