Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » "Star Wars: Clone Wars" - The Cartoon (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Star Wars: Clone Wars" - The Cartoon
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right, Cartoon Network has gotten the rights to producing a cartoon that will begin where Epsiode II ended.

The main producer and influence will be Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab).

Is this Star Wars? Should the events be considered canon?
Will Episode III be made with the events and changes of this cartoon in mind?

Is it realistic that anything of the slightest consequence can happen, plotwise, in "Star Wars: Clone Wars"
that the coming Episode III possibly can deserve to reflect?

Discuss.

-

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as a Star Wars fan, I really don't know what to say. The animation stile that you have pictured there doesn't look all that great, as for plot, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They get Gerald Scarfe to do one Disney film, and everyone copies his style. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that these "Cartoons" are only going to be about two minutes long each, I wouldn't worry too much about anything of particular consequence being portrayed.
It's main purpose seams to be to sort of set the mood for Episode III, which by the looks of that artwork involves the appearance of more than two sith (or some other rouge jedi).

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
They get Gerald Scarfe to do one Disney film, and everyone copies his style. . .

He was Hercules, right? When did that come out? I'm trying to remember if Dexter's Lab predates it or not.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first of all, given the fact that only movies (together with scripts, novelisations and radio dramas) are considered canon, I wouldn't worry much about those cartoons considered canon.

However, if George Lucas will like them, he may incorporate some of the cartoons into his ideas.

Regarding style of the cartoons... well, I like work of Gennndy Tartakowsky, so I'm not complaining. The basic mistake most of the comics and cartoons artist make is that they try to draw look-alikes of actual actors, which most of the time will look... weird. It is very diffucult for one person to imitate work of another, and it's just easier to make own variation of ones appearance and stick with it.
Same thing here: these aren't AOTC chars look-alikes, but I can instantly tell who is who.

(Also note different lightsabre blade style)

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
Well, first of all, given the fact that only movies (together with scripts, novelisations and radio dramas) are considered canon, I wouldn't worry much about those cartoons considered canon.

This statement ≠ true.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I don't think the movies will bother to convey Anakin's final step to the dark side being
to destroy the sacred crystal omicron thingee, like the novels said he did.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
This statement ≠ true.

Um... since when?

George Lucas himself said that Expanded Universe materials exist outside of this "world" and they are part of the parallel universe.
We trekkies should know more than anyone what 'parallel universe' is. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The animation isn't all that bad. But if it's like Samarai Jack, then you got background only someone smoking "something that they shouldn't be" could think of.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as it's not like the background's used on the new Dexter's Lab episodes. I don't mind the updated character designs, but the backgrounds are just...yeuk (scientifically speaking).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Marc Xavier
Member # 1008

- posted      Profile for Marc Xavier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot me now.

--------------------
The Furry Conflict, Star Trek vs. Star Wars with a unique twist...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Okay. Why?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Resurrecting a dead thread, I'd bet. The dirty whore must die.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

It's not dead, it's in torpor.
It waits for the One.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps