Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » How much do you really wanna know?

Author Topic: How much do you really wanna know?
liverpoollucan
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for liverpoollucan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All spoiler pages as yet are filled with conjecture mainly. Normally followed by a series of questions about the film? (IE: Doesn Dooku know that Palpatine is Sidious?)
I see a lot of questions but not a whole lot of answers. Bearing in mind that anything you know before the release will undoubtably have an effect on your experience of the film when you got o cinemas to see it, I was wondering. How much information do you really require? and how much is too much?

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, it's 1 am here and i am quite drunk lol

BTW Dooku knows damn well that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same and has a conversation with Sidious in his Palpatine guise as they are waiting for Anakin and Obi-one to make it as far as their jedi trap. [Razz]

liverpoollucan
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for liverpoollucan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick addition. I just can't wait to see Darth Vader before he gets all his mechanical enhancments and is just an honest to goodness Dark Jedi. [Razz]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's to spoil?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's my thoughts too. The comic is out. The novel is out (I think). The screenplay is out. If you want to know what happens, you can. I don't personally, not out of any sort of "OMG I MUST WATCH IT PURE!"ness, but simply because I don't see the point. I want to see it, not read about it in script form.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't for the life of me understand why all this material is out before the movie. The only answer I can think of is money. They know people will gorge themselves ot get all the juicey tidbits before the movie comes out, then go to see the movie anyway.

I was at C3 Saturday and went to the mall. I picked up the Ep 3 visual dictionary and found out more than I wanted to. Now I'm mad at myself.

It irritates me that all the material is out before the film as it's harder and harder to avoid spoilers for it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Particularly in this case, there's really nothing "new" or "surprising" revealed by the film. Anyone who's seen the OT already knows what's going to happen---Palpatine takes over, Anakin becomes Darth Vader, and a lot of Jedi die. What's to spoil?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[Note how I have skillfully and cleverly stolen Sol's line! What a coup!]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, very inSidious, Mim. *rimjob*

I bought the Episode One V.D before the premiere in '99, then promptly put it away until I'd seen the movie a week later and then stoughed myself full of all the canon and semicanon facts inside.
Like the wingnut on a metal backpack being a "longwave intermediate samoflange".

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I knew Episode I was shit, but I didn't know it could give you VD...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Course it can. Why do you think Jabba looks so bad?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps