Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Trade Federation Battleships and Star Destroyers

Author Topic: Trade Federation Battleships and Star Destroyers
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been said that the Trade Federation Battleships are the ancestors of the Imperial Star Destroyers. What I'm wondering is: are they? If so, when will we start to see Impstar Deuces in the prequels?

------------------
This post will self destruct in 10 seconds

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have little to do with each other. The Trade Federation ships were just converted freighters.

I'd be surprised if we don't see any ISDs and related ships in the next two movies.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine." - Simon Sizer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Trade Federation ships were ancestors of those things from ID4, apparently.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd guess that the ILM designers have a chart, and at one end are the Naboo fightsa, Sith Interceptor, rebublic cruiser, and Federation battleships at one end, and X-Wings, TieFighters, Correlian Corvettes, and ISD's at the other, and in the next two films that the ships will gradually evolve from the rounded, 50s designs of TPM, to the more angular designs of ANH.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Republic probably uses ISD-style craft.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine." - Simon Sizer

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they'll use the Victory class SD.

------------------
"You don't need a gun."
"That depends on your definition of 'save sex'."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank: true, from a logical POV, but from a storytelling POV, whoever are the bad guys will ge tthe bad guy craft.

Look at the republic cruiser OW and QG arrive on at the beginning. From the top, it is very reminicent of a blockade runner.

And while logically they should use VSD, being older than ISD's, I wouldn't hold my breath. OTOH, they look enough like ISD's for most viewers not to notice the difference, and it would be a nice treat for the fans.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, I can't imagine that the Empire's fleet wasn't simply the Republic's fleet.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps