Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » The New Anakin...

Author Topic: The New Anakin...
KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching Entertainment Tonight and they said there was a rumor that Leonardo DiCaprio was to be the next Anakin Skywalker. Does anyone else find this... weird?

------------------

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This rumor has been floating around since May, but "industry" insiders tend to believe that the teenage Anakin will be played by another unknown actor.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

If Leonardo DiCaprio is the new Anakin, then I ain't gonna watch the movie. DiCaprio can't act for beans, and he's gonna ruin the entire SW franchise!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, Tahna, you been mixing orange juice and orange squash again?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a similar initial reaction. However, then I realized that George could release Star Wars: Test Pattern and it would be less annoying than everyone's favorite Gungan. At least you can understand the words that come out of DiCaprio's mouth.

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: I have a simmering hatred towards DiCaprio. He's only famous because of his good looks, and takes them for granted. I'd love to see him permanently and horribly scarred in an accident and see if he would still be famous. If he can do that, then he would get my nod as a very good actor. Only then would he get my approval to play Anakin in the next SW movie.

------------------
Except Temptation

Saltah'na
Member # 33

On the subject of Leonardo DiCaprio, I told my gf about it and she said "Great!!! Now I know it's going to be a wonderful movie!!! Let's go see it."

I'll leave the meaning of her quote for you to decide.

------------------
Except Temptation

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that DeCaprio turned down the part.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must...resist...urge...to...kill. I can't stand Dicaprio either. He is a complete sissy boy and would only make a good punching bag. If he plays anakin I will have nightmares.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. In an entertainment email newsletter I get it had this to say about the next Skywalker...

----
ANAKIN CASTING CALL
LUCASFILM is holding a casting call for the uncast role of Anakin Skywalker in STAR WAR II. If you're male, around the age of 19, and resemble an older Jake Lloyd, you're encouraged to send your photo and resume to: Lucasfilm Ltd., c/o Robin Gurland,
P.O. Box 2009, San Rafael, CA, 94912.
STAR WARS II is expected to begin shooting in Australia next summer. http://www.starwars.com
----

------------------
7 of 9 alarm clock: "Wake up. Resistance is futile."
Dilbert: "I wonder if I could ever date a woman like Jeri Ryan."
7 of 9 alarm clock: "That too is futile."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps