Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Qui Gon's Death

Author Topic: Qui Gon's Death
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first time I've checked out the Wars forum, so this may have been covered but here goes:

Why didn't QuiGon disappear at the end of Ep. 1 when he died? I've heard that this was not a mistake and that it will be explained in the next movie. Any idea what that explanation might be? Rumors and gossip are welcome.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for all we know, Kenobi and Yoda were the only ones who ever disappeared upon death.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all I've heard, it was NOT a mistake, but will be explained in the next movie.

Ever hear of "Yaddle"? Supposedly another Yoda-like creature with more hair that had a scene in Ep. I but was cut.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's visible in the Jedi Council scenes.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoda and Kenobi didn't die they just went to another dimension 'Dragonball Z' hee hee hee

I apreciate death scenes, wishes there was some blood in next movie

------------------
Ruff Ryders' first space Hero
And the new owner of the 'Homeboyz in Outerspace' Hooptie

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, preferably Jarjar's.

I think that Obi-Wan disappeared because he *chose* to depart this plane of existance---he went out like a Jedi, leaving no body for the enemy to desecrate.

Yoda disappeared also by choice, perhaps using the last of his strength (If for no better reason than to save Luke the emotional burden of burying his dead master.)

Qui-Gon, on the other hand, was killed by surprise: he didn't have a chance to concentrate and vanish.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

C'mon! Vader got maimed, killed and burned, and he still showed up at the feast, well, as Anakin of course. Maybe he made some deal with the SW-galaxy's St:Peter... "Please sir, I'm a much better man now! Please? -Well alright, but don't cut it so close next time, OK?"

I think you have to be really experienced and in touch with your Force to pull it off!
I mean, if some really cowardish Jedi get's cornered by a mob or something... "Try to touch me and I'll disintergrate myself!!!"

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Qui Gon must have chose not to become one with the Force upon his death for some reason. Probably something to do with Anakin. Maybe he wanted Anakin to believe he was gone for good so Kenobi could fully take over his training. It'll be interesting to find out.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old thread here. Heh. But this forum is dead.
I don't think he had time to really "preparw" himself before he died. We know Yoda did, obviously, and Obi Wan just stood there, put his lightsaber up in that stance, then closed his eyes and Vader swung.
Qui Gon though was struck down by Maul quickly and had to ask Obi Wan to train Annakin after his death which he was unable to predict happen.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is not dead.
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its just resting until the next episode comes out

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't know. I think it won't be explained till ep 3

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

From what rumors I've heard, Liam Neeson will be in the next movie. I really think that he will be around as a spirit for at least the next movie.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps